WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
I don't see any indication they're Rolex certified which means they likely don't have a Rolex parts account which means any replacement parts may or may not be OEM depending on whether they're able to get them grey market. Nothing wrong with using an independent but I'd only use a Rolex certified one. That's me. Others may feel differently.

Jeannie

·
Banned
1,219 Posts
unless money realy is an issue i would go rolex all the way, its also a warranty and authentication if you need it in the future.
rolex service papers are good for the watch, independent well its just that.

·
4,390 Posts
I have used both Rolex authorized service and Rolex service in the past, and to be honest, I would go Authorized all the way. You can be more specific as to what you want done to your watch, or not, saving both money and possibly costly-- in terms of your watch's value-- changes to your watch, like for example, swapping out a tritium dial & hand set for a SLN one, or over polishing the case and bracelet.

·
Registered
558 Posts
unless money realy is an issue i would go rolex all the way, its also a warranty and authentication if you need it in the future.
rolex service papers are good for the watch, independent well its just that.

I agree with this completely, I've always sent my GMT II in to Rolex, it makes no sense to scrimp on service for something like this. I've always been a big believer in getting the factory service, in fact, I believe it's done in NYC. It was beautiful when it came back!

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Go for the Rolex service. Not only do you get Rolex trained technicians with Genuine Rolex parts, but you also get Rolex papers evidencing service which is good to keep track of both for purposes of authenticity as well as demonstrating the watch was properly cared for and is in good working order.

mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts