WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen, both on the bay and Google searches for Rolex servicing for between 125 to 250.00 with a 10 day turn around... Most I have found look to be very reliable and detail all their services....

Has anyone on here used places like this and any feedback would be appreciated... 500 to 600 and months by Rolex seems to be very long...

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Can't comment on those places since I used RSC several times and I can say it is all worth the price. They did a great job and no worries.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
Depends if you can find an independent Rolex-certified watchmaker that you trust. I found one near me that has a small shop, and he sells seikos and citizens and other low cost brands. But he is Omega and Rolex certified and can order parts from them and works on the high end stuff as well as changes batteries. He just got back from a week in Bienne getting re-certified with Omega.

They are out there, just depends if you can find one that you trust.
DW

·
Registered
217 Posts
Do you have to send a Rolex to the Rolex Service Center via a dealer (i.e. mark-up) or can you send it directly?

If you can send it directly, can anyone give me any info. I have a ExpII that I bought new at an AD very nearly 10 years ago. It is well past due I suppose.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Is it cheaper sending it directly to a Rolex Service Center rather than taking it to a AD and they send it in?

·
Registered
217 Posts
I was unable to locate an address or instructions on the Rolex site to send direct to an RSC. They just refer me to the AD.

And info or links appreciated.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi,

Since you are in Southern California as well do you mind sharing the information of your local Rolex certified watckmaker for future use?

TIA,

A. Reyes

Depends if you can find an independent Rolex-certified watchmaker that you trust. I found one near me that has a small shop, and he sells seikos and citizens and other low cost brands. But he is Omega and Rolex certified and can order parts from them and works on the high end stuff as well as changes batteries. He just got back from a week in Bienne getting re-certified with Omega.

They are out there, just depends if you can find one that you trust.
DW

·
Registered
314 Posts
Personally, I've used Rolex USA in both New York and California. The former was excellent, the latter very good. They'd be my preference, and I consider them "worth the price." Dealt directly with both, always.

That said, there's a guy local to me here that I know very well, is a member of the NAWCC and has a great personal reputation; he does all the work, as opposed to simply owning the shop. Wouldn't hesitate to use him either as an option.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts