·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Premium Member
11,569 Posts
Re: Rolex Vs Sinn

Well there is a superficial similarity regarding the two watches just presented. Actually I think I prefer the look of the Sinn shown over that of the Rolex with grape dial, although a bit like comparing Boxter vs. Miata. Anyhow, preparation of the presentation was time consuming for the OP; so thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

They have the same case size, dial and thickness plus lug to lug size as each other to when in 0.5mm
If you were to handle each watch without ever knowing anything about the brand the they are very similar

Reactions: dnslater

·
Registered
1,341 Posts

Well there is a superficial similarity regarding the two watches just presented. Actually I think I prefer the look of the Sinn shown over that of the Rolex with grape dial, although a bit like comparing Boxter vs. Miata. Anyhow, preparation of the presentation was time consuming for the OP; so thanks for sharing.
But if you look closely, the Sinn is running about 1/2 second slow....;-)

·
Premium Member
6,216 Posts

They have the same case size, dial and thickness plus lug to lug size as each other to when in 0.5mm
If you were to handle each watch without ever knowing anything about the brand the they are very similar
Not enough though to compare these two, there are plenty of watches that share dimensions, and that's where the comparison stops. BUT, you did a good work with the video itself, your voice is very intelligible, the presentation is good, you just need some more practice, a better film set, and some fresh ideas. Now don't let our comments discourage you, you know how we all are here, so get back to your camera and and prepare something for us

Edit: see what I mean? look at the comment above ^^^^

·
Registered
8,826 Posts

You expected anything but what you got on this forum? Post this in something like Public, Sinn, or even Affordables and you'll get a different set of responses.

·
Registered
20,442 Posts

Yep, go public forum, here you will get all the Rolex fanboys, Sinn likewise, so middle ground is best IMO.

Personally I will have the OP everyday as Sinn have never attracted me looks wise.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Cheers for the comments Sir I must get a new camera at some point my Sony Alpha A5100 isn't the best, most Sony's over heat turns out
As for the channel its doing well I've around 50 video reviews at the min and over a 1000 subs but there is always room for improvement
Next week I plan to review my BLNR maybe they will like that a little more :)

·
Premium Member
6,216 Posts

Cheers for the comments Sir I must get a new camera at some point my Sony Alpha A5100 isn't the best, most Sony's over heat turns out
As for the channel its doing well I've around 50 video reviews at the min and over a 1000 subs but there is always room for improvement
Next week I plan to review my BLNR maybe they will like that a little more :)
I have noticed that you have many videos already, but reviewing a watch that has plenty of reviews already, and is well known to the community here is not a recipe for success; how about something more entertaining and related to the present times? something like "The quarantine for a WIS" where you could film some watch tinkering (if you do that, of course), some strap testings, or simply discussing your collection and your future plans for it? I don't know, your channel, your ideas

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

I have noticed that you have many videos already, but reviewing a watch that has plenty of reviews already, and is well known to the community here is not a recipe for success; how about something more entertaining and related to the present times? something like "The quarantine for a WIS" where you could film some watch tinkering (if you do that, of course), some strap testings, or simply discussing your collection and your future plans for it? I don't know, your channel, your ideas
I've done tinkering stuff like regulating watches using timegrapher app and removing bezels bracelet reviews and strap like Toshi and John Keillers
I have a watch demagnetise video I still have to edit and then other videos like watches I've sold and miss , I do lots of stuff like that Sir

·
Premium Member
6,216 Posts

I've done tinkering stuff like regulating watches using timegrapher app and removing bezels bracelet reviews and strap like Toshi and John Keillers
I have a watch demagnetise video I still have to edit and then other videos like watches I've sold and miss , I do lots of stuff like that Sir
Well, you have your material, the time to do it, and the right audience; I am sure that this will be different from the usual online videos we are used to

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Rolex Vs Sinn

Thanks OP, I actually think it’s a good comparison as there is something desirable about a straight 3 hander/field/urban type watch.
That’s why explorers, OPs, DJs etc are so popular.
I think the Sinn is a good comparison as it’s has its place in the market as a non Rolex choice, somewhere between a Seiko Sarb and an Aqua Terra perhaps?
The finished on the lugs of the Sinn could be a bit crisper at this price point imo.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts

I've been a proponent of this exact comparison for some time. There is something more to the OP39 over that Sinn, but only about 2x as much. Both hold their value well.

Reactions: bazza.

·
Registered
3,798 Posts

They have a lot more in common than folks here want to admit. You see here in the Rolex sub forum people only want to read threads that reinforce their Rolex purchase. How dare you compare something not made by the magical fairy’s in Geneva.

·
Registered
154 Posts

The Sinn uses a Sellita sw200 movement. The Rolex uses a Rolex movement. Who cares what the lug width is.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 31 Posts