WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Re: Rolex Vs Sinn

The Sinn uses a Sellita sw200 movement. The Rolex uses a Rolex movement. Who cares what the lug width is.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Does it are you sure about that ? maybe you should watch the video ;)

·
Registered
154 Posts

I will not. Sinn's website says it uses the sw200.

And, I'm not taking anything away from the sw200. For that price point, its a good automatic movement. If the watch manufacturer isn't part of Swatch, they don't have much choice at the sub $2k price point. Swatch isn't sending ETA movements out. All that being said, it's not designed to be COSC certified. I have one in my Carrera Calibre 5. It just isn't close to as accurate as my two Rolex watches . . . and it's not designed to be.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

And, I'm not taking anything away from the sw200. For that price point, its a good automatic movement. If the watch manufacturer isn't part of Swatch, they don't have much choice at the sub $2k price point. Swatch isn't sending ETA movements out. All that being said, it's not designed to be COSC certified. I have one in my Carrera Calibre 5. It just isn't close to as accurate as my two Rolex watches . . . and it's not designed to be.
My Sinn in the video has a Top Grade ETA 2824-2 it keeps +3 a day, I'm not a fan of the SW200 as Ive had one fail on me once I wasn't impressed
But you can get the ETA 2824 in COSC spec Breitling use it but they call it the B17 I have in my new Colt 41

I'm a big Rolex Fan as you can see from the watches I own in my Sig below I've new and vintage models some I've had for over 10 years now
But I thing most people on here most the point of the video which is a shame

·
Registered
1,503 Posts

Cheers for the comments Sir I must get a new camera at some point my Sony Alpha A5100 isn't the best, most Sony's over heat turns out
As for the channel its doing well I've around 50 video reviews at the min and over a 1000 subs but there is always room for improvement
Next week I plan to review my BLNR maybe they will like that a little more :)
The camera is fine, you need a proper light setup only.

·
Registered
4,826 Posts

Mine says 25 jewels-i.e. it is a top grade ETA.

Anyway, I have struggled with getting a white OP for the last year because of this.

20200423_004426_1587570620117.jpg

No question the OP is more refined, but I love the lacquered hands and trim on the indices and also appreciate the 200m wr and satin finish. I am not sure the OP is worth 4x as much (well I am sure, it isn't), but then again, at this price range we start getting quasi poetic and talking about "singing" and "heart". If I ever get a chance to see the OP in the metal, I fear things might change, but for now I am quite satisfied (no matter what, the Sinn will always be in my collection for a few different reasons). Anyway, nice review and good luck.

Reactions: bazza.

·
Registered
6,166 Posts

I respect Sinn but dont see the comparison here

Superficially my 1970's Seiko compares with a Rolex OP -
but like ur sinn, only superficially similar

(that's my lad's skinny wrist - I havent shrunk)

IMG_5079.jpg

·
Registered
867 Posts

Mine says 25 jewels-i.e. it is a top grade ETA.

Anyway, I have struggled with getting a white OP for the last year because of this.

View attachment 15056635

No question the OP is more refined, but I love the lacquered hands and trim on the indices and also appreciate the 200m wr and satin finish. I am not sure the OP is worth 4x as much (well I am sure, it isn't), but then again, at this price range we start getting quasi poetic and talking about "singing" and "heart". If I ever get a chance to see the OP in the metal, I fear things might change, but for now I am quite satisfied (no matter what, the Sinn will always be in my collection for a few different reasons). Anyway, nice review and good luck.
That Sinn is a very nice looking watch. But...
315169EF-A6CC-4FB8-AF18-95CC9956663B.jpeg E7016521-6F6E-4C1E-8027-BC751A03093B.jpeg

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
21 - 31 of 31 Posts