WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other watch I added on Friday to the lineup is this full yellow gold Sky Dweller with silver dial. Not worn it yet but sure looks quite imposing and impressive in the plastics and tags..

IMG_2101.JPG IMG_2100.JPG

Reactions: Revan1

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This has been a big weekend for you...the Daytona and a Sky?! Congrats
Yes both of them arrived here on Friday AM....:)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok I have had this new watch one week today and finally got the nerve to pull MOST of the plastic off of it and mount it on my wrist. It is slightly loose on my wrist but ok for the time being..This thing is quite heavy and almost looks FAKE..! HAH..Still have some of the plastic yet on the yellow gold band and soon that will come off too.

IMG_2159.JPG IMG_2160.JPG

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reactions: Cobia

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
These aren't high-end watches, but congrats, of course. I would share them in the Rolex forum.
That would be a matter of opinion quite honestly and I sure feel that they are....:)

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So last fall when my wife and I flew to DUBAI for 10 days, we went to the gold souk in the old city where all the gold is sold and traded and i mean there was millions of dollars of gold forsale there. I ended up buying a 250 GRAM Pure 22CWT Wristlet to wear with my watches and here is is hanging on my wrist next to the sky dweller. Now would one consider this just a bit to much bling..?

IMG_2177.JPG IMG_2178.JPG IMG_2180.JPG

Reactions: Cobia

·
Registered
14,905 Posts
So last fall when my wife and I flew to DUBAI for 10 days, we went to the gold souk in the old city where all the gold is sold and traded and i mean there was millions of dollars of gold forsale there. I ended up buying a 250 GRAM Pure 22CWT Wristlet to wear with my watches and here is is hanging on my wrist next to the sky dweller. Now would one consider this just a bit to much bling..?

View attachment 13285325 View attachment 13285327 View attachment 13285329

Needs more cowbell brother, youve got a lot of empty wrist space there, could definitely go some more gold above and below the watch, a nice gold ring or two, you'll be looking a million dollars.

I personally like to wear at least 500gm of gold on each wrist/hand at all times, it lets people know im the man, love flashing it around town.

Youre a man of great means and style BB, i love your work.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
So last fall when my wife and I flew to DUBAI for 10 days, we went to the gold souk in the old city where all the gold is sold and traded and i mean there was millions of dollars of gold forsale there.
13 of my 20 years in the USAF was spent in various areas of the Middle East. I saw - and bought - plenty of gold while over there. All sold or given away. The only thing I kept were my rugs, and I wish I'd purchased more of those TBH.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
13 of my 20 years in the USAF was spent in various areas of the Middle East. I saw - and bought - plenty of gold while over there. All sold or given away. The only thing I kept were my rugs, and I wish I'd purchased more of those TBH.
My main reason for going to DUBAI was to see if Was capable of cycling in 40C Heat in the Arabian Desert "SOLO" on my road bike. I also was keen to go to the largest mall in the world to check out all the high end watch shops including the awesome huge rolex dealer. We also did go to the gold SOULK in old Dubai to pick up a few gold trinkets ..Here is a small clip of my out in the middle of no where in the arabian desert..

https://youtu.be/3nd61dgpfPs

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
My main reason for going to DUBAI was to see if Was capable of cycling in 40C Heat in the Arabian Desert "SOLO" on my road bike. I also was keen to go to the largest mall in the world to check out all the high end watch shops including the awesome huge rolex dealer. We also did go to the gold SOULK in old Dubai to pick up a few gold trinkets ..Here is a small clip of my out in the middle of no where in the arabian desert..

https://youtu.be/3nd61dgpfPs
I've seen the clip. That dust (aka fine sand) gets everywhere. I trust you did a complete teardown/rebuild of the bike once you finished riding in that terrain.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts