WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
IMG_7331.JPG

So there's this new post on Rolex instagram, that shows a watch in some creamy liquid. This is apparently the watch that will be unveiled at Bazel on Wednesday.
So, guys and gals, any ideas? What could this be? The new ExpII ceramic or GMT II coke?
It seems really interesting, as the crystal appears to be raised (as on the Exp II or seadweller), but the bezel has some lines on it visible (possibly indicating the seadweller?).
I am super excited, but I will definitely get a the last ExpII polar with steel bezel, as the fragility of ceramic is ruining the idea of the explorers watch to me ;)
So what do you think?
Cheers
Jake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31,547 Posts
Well it's got a date with a cyclops, and what looks like markers on the bezel?

·
Registered
5,505 Posts
A watch for a "host" from the Westworld TV series?

westworld-credits-who-is-a-secret-robot-host.jpg

·
Registered
144 Posts
The marks on the bezel looks like the ones on the GMT that separates the colors... In this case, probably black and red :)

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
Weird, but earlier today on the Rolex Website I saw a similar photo, with the title BASELWORLD 2017 unveiling March 22nd...but it was darker, more grainy, and the watch had chrono pushers.

Now that photo is gone....and replaced with the one the OP is showing us... did I imagine this ??!

Here it is, and it's been mentioned already, elsewhere

Cheers,
Rob
on Instagram: @buchmann.69

·
Registered
12 Posts
Weird, but earlier today on the Rolex Website I saw a similar photo, with the title BASELWORLD 2017 unveiling March 22nd...but it was darker, more grainy, and the watch had chrono pushers.

Now that photo is gone....and replaced with the one the OP is showing us... did I imagine this ??!

Cheers,
Rob
It's still up on their site.Just checked.

·
Registered
6,161 Posts
It's still up on their site.Just checked.
Yeah, I see it now too, Rolex must be intermittently alternating btw the 2....

Cheers,
Rob

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I am putting my money on the new seadweller with a date and cyclops.
The seadwellers also have a thick raised crystal and on closer examination of the video the markings on the bezel are similar to the ones on a seadweller or a sub (on 11 o'clock position).
IMG_7333.JPG
A present rolex gmt bezel- be it a gmt master II or ExpII, does not have these straight marks, but numerals and arrows instead...

·
Premium Member
3,488 Posts
I have it on excellent authority* that Rolex is going to start marketing their own brand of yogurt, and we're being treated to a top-down view of the container lids.

Regards,
Alysandir

*: one of the voices in my head claims to have insider information

·
Registered
305 Posts
View attachment 11212402

So there's this new post on Rolex instagram, that shows a watch in some creamy liquid. This is apparently the watch that will be unveiled at Bazel on Wednesday.
So, guys and gals, any ideas? What could this be? The new ExpII ceramic or GMT II coke?
It seems really interesting, as the crystal appears to be raised (as on the Exp II or seadweller), but the bezel has some lines on it visible (possibly indicating the seadweller?).
I am super excited, but I will definitely get a the last ExpII polar with steel bezel, as the fragility of ceramic is ruining the idea of the explorers watch to me ;)
So what do you think?
Cheers
Jake

Fragility of ceramic?? Dude, my bezel scraped the concrete a few months ago and what gets scratched? The steel component only. The ceramic is perfect. Ceramic is super tough and looks great too.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fragility of ceramic?? Dude, my bezel scraped the concrete a few months ago and what gets scratched? The steel component only. The ceramic is perfect. Ceramic is super tough and looks great too.

I know, if its guarded as in SubC, but with the new daytonas or possibly the new ExpII, where the ceramic bezels sides are exposed, it can be very easily cracked.
The hardnes of it, which makes it unscratchable, means it is super fragile to impact. You can see that in many of threads on wus- ceramic watches being scratchproof, but when dropped on the bathroom floor, they split in half. Its pretty scary
So if you were to hit the side of the ceramic bezel which has no steel around it hard enough, you could end up with no bezel on your explorers watch - and you'd be grumpy for the rest of your expedition
Jake

·
Registered
493 Posts
Fro the brief glimpse, the bezel appears smooth as opposed to the serrations on he sub, sd, and gmt. Though it has markings or texture at at least the 3, 9, and 11 from what I could tell. The raised crystal is throwing me off. But the smooth bezel and cyclops make me think it's more likely a ceramic explorer 2 than a seadweler. The markings could be something similar to those found on the older explorer 2 reference where each hour had its own division between the next.

It could also be another turnograph

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts

Ceramic takes scratches well but hit it on something the wrong way and it shatters. It's hard but not tough.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts