WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not a rolex fan, but i stumble upon this piece which i find it very attractive.

Would like to know more about this watch.

The correct code and price for this watch, estimated price for new/used.

Another watch from Hublot, forbidden.

Feel free to share your opinions on this watch, the brand and also other equivalent which got your interest.

Cheers :Cheers:

·
Banned
2,843 Posts
I'm not a rolex fan, but i stumble upon this piece which i find it very attractive.

Would like to know more about this watch.

The correct code and price for this watch, estimated price for new/used.

Another watch from Hublot, forbidden.

Feel free to share your opinions on this watch, the brand and also other equivalent which got your interest.

Cheers :Cheers:
Official Rolex Website - Timeless Luxury Watches
Chrono24: Buy & sell luxury watches
Electronics, Cars, Fashion, Collectibles, Coupons and More | eBay
WatchRecon - The Most Intelligent Search Engine for Private Watch Sales
Shop One of the World's Largest Vintage Rolex Watch Collections
www.bobswatches.com
David SW | Trusted Online Watch Sales Since 2007
www.watchchest.com

I think that should help YOUR research greatly...

Rolex > Hublot, for me.

Reactions: Robotaz

·
Registered
275 Posts
Take the brand out of the equation and that Hublot stacks up pretty well. Interesting color combination just not sure about the polishing and a definite no to the "Forbidden" text but at first glance it looks pretty good.

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,800 Posts
Q: Which of the above two watches would I choose?
A: None of the above. The Rolex is deadly dull and dated looking. The Hublot has a forbidding combination of design features and colors. One of the ugliest expensive watches I've seen in a long time.

Are you looking to buy one of those watches? If so you should try them both on in person.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hate to say it, but Rolex is just too successful in its marketing for me ever to want to own one.

Having said that, this is probably the reason I loose money on every watch I have ever owned.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Take the brand out of the equation and that Hublot stacks up pretty well. Interesting color combination just not sure about the polishing and a definite no to the "Forbidden" text but at first glance it looks pretty good.
Agree with this. Being cheap and not super-rich, I wouldn't buy either watch, but like everyone else, like to give my comments! Usually I don't like Rolex or Hublot, and usually I don't like Hublot's designs, but this ForbiddenX version is interesting and not bad looking. Turns out ForbiddenX is the name of the cigar from cigar manufacturer Arturo Fuente: Launch of the Classic Fusion Forbidden X with Arturo Fuente I'm not into cigars, but I like the "ForbiddenX" text on the dial; it looks nice and interesting, something different from other watches. But legibility-wise, the Rolex is better.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Rolex by a mile. There are some Hublots I like, but I don't like the brown color scheme of the Hublot. I also don't like the Forbidden word on it... I guess I now understand that it's supposed to be a tribute to a cigar brand, but I think it all looks tacky. Just my .02...I get some folks would counter that and say the Rolex is boring looking but I'd take boring over tacky any day.

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
I think there are much better choices than either of these 2, but would pick Rolex Sub over Hublot any day.

I honestly can't think of a watch i would not pick over that Hublot. While it's an LE to commemorate (? seriously) a Cigar, to me the dial looks like cr*p.
The word forbidden on the dial is awful - font and the actual word. Charging $10K+ for an ETA movement w DD module and 42 hr power-reserve is a horological joke.

I'm convinced that the Hublot business is built around LE editions simply as an excuse for execs to hang w Sheiks in middle-east, Footballers in Europe, Russian Oligarchs and South American drug dealers... There are 365 LEs per year and 365 annual photo ops for Ricardo Guadalupe to take photos w celebs and such.

How is this brand being taken seriously when all they do is produce different dials\hands\case engravings on a couple watches - any other brand doing this would be dismissed as a fashion watch maker...
hublot-forbidden.jpg

/end rant

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Hublot is a disaster in my opinion. They've yet to make a model that has even the remotest appeal to me. As such, Rolex all day and twice on Sunday

Reactions: UKMike

·
Registered
5,874 Posts
I normally detest Hublot's, but I actually really like the look of that one. If only it didn't have that "forbidden" written on the dial.

The Rolex is a stunner though. I would not pass on that for a Hublot.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks for your comment but would like to hear from you, with similar budget what would get on your hand

1 - 20 of 74 Posts