WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assume my collection is made up of only the AP Royal Oak Chrono, the Rolex GMT BLNR (Batman) and the Omega Speedmaster Professional. Which of these would you add to your collection next, and why? Assume both come with full box/papers, etc. I'm just looking for some thoughts and rationale given the rest of the collection I listed.

·
Registered
20,370 Posts
Get the Hulk as you already have a GMT Master, and would you really want 2??

Which ones gonna win the wrist battle??

Reactions: BarracksSi

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Am I allowed to vote for Pepsi+Hulk and get rid of Batman?

If not, I'll take Hulk over Pepsi in your collection. No need for 2 GMTs.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Am I allowed to vote for Pepsi+Hulk and get rid of Batman?

If not, I'll take Hulk over Pepsi in your collection. No need for 2 GMTs.
Haha, no. The Batman is a fixture and had sentimental value also.

For what it’s worth, I don’t plan to go in the water with either watch and if I did it’d be because I fell in a pool or something unexpected like that, so I’m unlikely to be anywhere near the 300m mark.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Assume my collection is made up of only the AP Royal Oak Chrono, the Rolex GMT BLNR (Batman) and the Omega Speedmaster Professional. Which of these would you add to your collection next, and why? Assume both come with full box/papers, etc. I'm just looking for some thoughts and rationale given the rest of the collection I listed.
You’ve got a pretty diverse collection already, with a variety of case shapes, styles, and complications. If I were to add and was limited to these two options, I would go LVc in a heartbeat (and that’s coming from a guy who has two GMTs :) The “Hulk” would bring a lovely sunburst Green dial that I think continues to diversify and adds character to your unique collection.

·
Registered
666 Posts
The Hulk is super flashy, is that something you would wear often? The 16710 is similar to the Batman in that it's a GMT, but very different in terms of case shape and bezel. The 16710 is more muted(non-ceramic) and is more of a tool watch that can also be switched to the Coke or vanilla black with a swap of the bezel, so basically 3 watches in one. If you can get the Hulk for MSRP, that's probably the route you want to take and add the 16710 at a later time.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
You’ve got a pretty diverse collection already, with a variety of case shapes, styles, and complications. If I were to add and was limited to these two options, I would go LVc in a heartbeat (and that’s coming from a guy who has two GMTs :) The “Hulk” would bring a lovely sunburst Green dial that I think continues to diversify and adds character to your unique collection.
Well, the question is posed in somewhat hypothetical terms, so I won't take for granted that it exists precisely as stated.

I'll go with the crowd and vote Hulk, unless you have a particular GMT fetish that the BLNR won't satisfy by itself. I like that one better than the BLRO anyway.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited by Moderator)
Well, the question is posed in somewhat hypothetical terms, so I won't take for granted that it exists precisely as stated.

I'll go with the crowd and vote Hulk, unless you have a particular GMT fetish that the BLNR won't satisfy by itself. I like that one better than the BLRO anyway.
It is my actual collection, but I also have a Tudor GMT in the collection.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Living the collection as is the obvious choice would be the Sub to balance it out.

Now, what I would do is the following as I don’t care for the hulk or Batman GMT much. I would sell the Batman, look for and buy a regular sub and the 5-digit GMT Pepsi.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
The Hulk is super flashy, is that something you would wear often? The 16710 is similar to the Batman in that it's a GMT, but very different in terms of case shape and bezel. The 16710 is more muted(non-ceramic) and is more of a tool watch that can also be switched to the Coke or vanilla black with a swap of the bezel, so basically 3 watches in one. If you can get the Hulk for MSRP, that's probably the route you want to take and add the 16710 at a later time.
I doubt you have seen the Hulk in person and we need to align on the definition of flashy. The 116610LV looks flashy only in pictures. IRL, the dial is not flashy at all to catch someone’s eye. An AP 15400 or 15500 is flashy because of the bracelet construction and the dial.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is my actual collection, but I also have a Tudor GMT in the collection that I am likely to sell soon.
I missed the part that you also have a Tudor GMT. Why are you considering selling it and then picking up the 16710 since both are Pepsi.
Ah, I didn’t put it in the question so I didn’t confuse the commenters (and have the comment someone above about me a GMT fetish even more applicable, lol).

If this hobby was objective, then the Tudor GMT, especially as I already have it, would be the right answer. It’s under 2 years old, still under Tudor warranty for another year and a half, has 70 hrs Power Reserve and 200m WR. And I’d need to add money on top of selling it to get either the Pepsi or the Hulk (in fact likely having to triple or more the funds).

But having it makes me realize what I really wanted with the Pepsi bezel is a Rolex Pepsi GMT. So now I’m past the question of keeping it and at the question of getting the Rolex Pepsi GMT or getting the Hulk (which I’ve also wanted from time to time, though on a more hot and cold basis). This would be in addition to the three watches I listed and I’ll eventually plan to add a VC Overseas as well.

·
Registered
666 Posts
I doubt you have seen the Hulk in person and we need to align on the definition of flashy. The 116610LV looks flashy only in pictures. IRL, the dial is not flashy at all to catch someone’s eye. An AP 15400 or 15500 is flashy because of the bracelet construction and the dial.
I should clarify - the word "flashy" is subject to interpretation. What I meant was that the Hulk is more flashy than the 16710. But to give you context, I've tried the Hulk and I have a buddy that has one. The Hulk is a beautiful watch though, just not for me

·
Registered
712 Posts
Even if I dont like green watches but from that collection I’d add a hulk. I see no point having 2 watches with just a different bezel.

·
Registered
68 Posts
To me, rolex sub & gmt share too many things in common. You also already have batman. Why don’t you look for a nice dress watch? Jlc or cartier? Patek maybe?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Rolex GMT Master II Pepsi 16710 is a classic piece. No reason not to have multiple gmts in your collection as there is no reason not to have more than one watch. Also, if you have lighter skin, the green color somehow doesn't work too well in MY eyes.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have both, and 16710 gets a lot more wear. I wouldn't call a Hulk a daily driver, it is a rarity watch. I wear my black Subs (114060 and 14060M) more than the Hulk.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts