WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all,
I have had a few rolexes in the past (currently just own my Yachtmaster 16622), but have just been offered a steel and gold submariner from a jeweller I know.

The only issue is that it is not a dial colour I have seen before, it seems to be a light gold colour.

I've attached a pic, please let me know what you guys know about the model and dial as I can't find much info online.

Thanks in advance

Dan

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what makes you guys so sure it is a fake? Did rolex never offer this colour dial without diamond markers?

I will have a couple more pics of it tomorrow, so will post those to see what you guys think

·
Premium Member
2,164 Posts
what makes you guys so sure it is a fake? Did rolex never offer this colour dial without diamond markers?
The dial font is completely off and poorly printed. Just look at the depth rating. The cyclops isn't magnifying 2.5x. The pip is concave (wtf). The insert sits too far below the top of the bezel ring. The base of the hour and minute hands are too large. The six o'clock index looks like it's melting. And on and on.

Terrible picture...
No fancy photos are going to help this mess.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I always thought Gold was reserved for the diamond set Serti dial. Certainly never seen one with lume. And it does look refin'd at best. Yes, the 6 o'clock marker looks damaged. Could be an aftermarket crystal and cyclops. Bezel probably aftermarket and certainly in battered condition. For me, the jury's still out on whether it's an outright counterfeit or just a tired franken.

Sent from my cracked, broken, hand wound Phone

·
Registered
6,699 Posts
the dial isnt centered either. look at the visible length of the minute markers on top vs the bottom.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts