WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Re: In answer to........

This works well for me.....
If Rolex introduced a Black/Red GMT I'd probably buy it this year from my AD.
While I really like that watch, I certainly don't need it and will manage without it forever; seeing how I only wear 1 or 2 watches in any 2 year period.
The only "other" watches which interest me are Date-Justs and Day-Dates; but don't need (more of) those either.
I am however looking at a couple of McIntosh stereo items should things ever level out again.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts

.......... all the threads/posts pondering whether or not Rolex will announce their new releases anytime this year, apparently not.

https://www.watchpro.com/rolex-and-tudor-postpone-launch-of-2020-watches-indefinitely/

Looks like we'll have to be patient for a while longer.
Yes, Hodinkee reported this as well:

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/rolex-tudor-patek-philippe-postpone-2020-new-product-announcements

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
183 Posts
Re: 2020 Rolex/Tudor models postponed

Buzz Killington

Reactions: UofRSpider

·
Premium Member
4,269 Posts

Not surprising at all. For many brands in various industries, 2020 is a complete washout.

Not sure about anyone else here, but I'm very much looking forward to 2021 already.

·
Registered
18,366 Posts

Not surprising at all. For many brands in various industries, 2020 is a complete washout.

Not sure about anyone else here, but I'm very much looking forward to 2021 already.
They said that hindsight is 20/20 vision in 2021, we will all be discussing what could have been done better.

In the year 2420, our descendants will read in their history books that the great plague of 2020 swept through the world and that this was the year the world came to a stop.

·
Registered
105 Posts

They said that hindsight is 20/20 vision in 2021, we will all be discussing what could have been done better.

In the year 2420, our descendants will read in their history books that the great plague of 2020 swept through the world and that this was the year the world came to a stop.
You're awfully optimistic. 400 years is a long time for humans to do a lot of stupid stuff. No one will remember covid-19 in 100 years let alone 400

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
Ehhh, i wanted to see that light/dark blue bezel gmt :((( and bb58 kermit :((

·
Registered
202 Posts
Sucks but understanding and the correct move, for a variety of reasons. 1. Safer for their workers to come in. 2. ADs are closed so why does it even matter. 3. Sure there will always be rich people, but not the best economic environment to be selling luxury goods. 4. Bad PR to come out with new blingy stuff while people are getting sick and dying by the thousands each day.

·
Registered
9,037 Posts

The most sensible thing to do given the extreme difficulties the world is facing. To release luxury products when people are facing unemployment is morally wrong.
Oh, Man. I'd love to have seen Sportura's response to this! :-d :-d

·
Registered
2,183 Posts

Oh, Man. I'd love to have seen Sportura's response to this! :-d :-d
He would have hissed and spat about cash and holidays.

"... a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing."

- Macbeth, by you-know-who

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I think people are interpreting this as its all being bumped to next year. They are postponing their announcements as the virus is still in the early stages so they cannot plan anything at all at this point. Assuming they have the watches manufactured and boxed up (which im not doing incidentally) they probably cant even get them out of the warehouse, let alone the country so theres no point in announcing anything if supplies are non existent (oh the irony). The global economy is going to take a massive beating with this virus and every company on the planet wants get back to making/selling/building etc. So the minute they get the chance and the "curve" finally "flattens" then they (along with every other company if theyre honest) will be back to the grindstone to try and get back on their feet as fast as they can. I would be surprised if they hold back their new releases for an entire year. Theyve also got the anniversary of the explorer to contend with next year. Unless theyre going to ramp up daytona production for a year instead #ibtl

·
Premium Member
4,269 Posts
I think people are interpreting this as its all being bumped to next year. They are postponing their announcements as the virus is still in the early stages so they cannot plan anything at all at this point. Assuming they have the watches manufactured and boxed up (which im not doing incidentally) they probably cant even get them out of the warehouse, let alone the country so theres no point in announcing anything if supplies are non existent (oh the irony). The global economy is going to take a massive beating with this virus and every company on the planet wants get back to making/selling/building etc. So the minute they get the chance and the "curve" finally "flattens" then they (along with every other company if theyre honest) will be back to the grindstone to try and get back on their feet as fast as they can. I would be surprised if they hold back their new releases for an entire year. Theyve also got the anniversary of the explorer to contend with next year. Unless theyre going to ramp up daytona production for a year instead #ibtl
With Basel rescheduled to Jan 2021, Patek and Rolex won’t have any option but to wait anyways. Unless they go the route of a brand like Omega and release details via social media, PR, and hosting their own events, but as a couple of traditional watch brands that really hasn’t adopted these other means of digital communication, it’s highly doubtful.

·
Registered
12,482 Posts

The most sensible thing to do given the extreme difficulties the world is facing. To release luxury products when people are facing unemployment is morally wrong.
Can’t say I agree w this and I surely doubt Rolex is doing it because of how much they value life. They are doing it because they would get less exposure and decrease the impact of a release.
Having said this , for what I care they could release the new models in 2028 that it wouldn’t bother me one bit since I can’t see or buy the current models anyway so kind of a moot point .

1 - 20 of 30 Posts