WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick one, I'm looking at the clasp on my Rolex tt Yachtmaster. And the clasp (as you will know) has gold running through the middle but on the reverse it is all silver. Some people have said its a thin piece of gold stuck onto the clasp but I cannot see it.

Before you say it, this is a genuine piece it was bought brand new from the Crouch chain in the Uk and had a ticket price of £8350 (before I negotiated ;) ) and I have had it checked at goldsmiths when I had it adjusted as it was a little loose.

Anyone who owns an oyster two tone bracelet who could shed some light, it would be good to hear from you! Last thing I need is a scratch exposing stainless underneath lol

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
I don't own one but I do own a TT Breitling....The company refers to the links as solid gold, but they are in fact a rolled gold covered link.
Not plated but pretty thick gold covered.
It's probably the same with Rolex. Now I have a solid gold BVLGARI and the clasp on it is solid gold, even the pins and screws are....And
I think some steel in there would be better(less chance of bending/breaking)

·
Premium Member
22,903 Posts
The clasp itself might have rolled gold, but the rest of the bracelet has solid gold midlinks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know mine still has the hollow links (as rolex haven't updated the yachtmaster tt bracelet yet, just the platty and the YM2). Does that mean my hollow mid links are rolled or is the gold that is there solid? And as for the rolled or plated gold on the clasp, has anyone here ever had a scratch that exposes the steel below?
It puts me off using this as an everyday watch!

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
I have never heard of anyone scratching one that deep.
Not saying it's not possible.....Go ask the experts on the Rolex forum...we got one on here.

·
Premium Member
22,903 Posts
I know mine still has the hollow links (as rolex haven't updated the yachtmaster tt bracelet yet, just the platty and the YM2). Does that mean my hollow mid links are rolled or is the gold that is there solid? And as for the rolled or plated gold on the clasp, has anyone here ever had a scratch that exposes the steel below?
It puts me off using this as an everyday watch!
Your midlinks are hollow, but made of 18K gold.

·
Banned
6,316 Posts
solid gold fused to the clasp, rolex witchcraft at its finest.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts