WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 342 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a question to those that own both. If you had to compare build quality on like models
Omega Seamaster or a PO vs a Rolex Sub or a sea dweller
Omega Speedmaster vs Rolex Daytona

What would you have to say? Better, Worse, the same?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have the Electric Blue, Great White, PO and SD. I can honestly say I can't really tell the difference between the built quality. I haven't had any problem with any of them. I would assume the Rolex would be higher built quality since it costs more than twice as much, but you're talking about between 99% and 100% here. Omega is definitely better bang for the bucks.

·
Registered
6,528 Posts
I have the Electric Blue, Great White, PO and SD. I can honestly say I can't really tell the difference between the built quality. I haven't had any problem with any of them. I would [BOLD]assume[/BOLD] the Rolex would be higher built quality since it costs more than twice as much, but you're talking about between 99% and 100% here. Omega is definitely better bang for the bucks.
ASSUME!!!

·
Registered
6,528 Posts
I owe role and omega. Build quality is the same but the lime of omega is miles ahead.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I always get trolled on questions like these..

I like the omega looks better.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I recently ran into this situation when I purchased a Rolex yachtmaster a month or so ago. Now a few months prior, I purchased a seamaster 300 2255.80 which I absolutely love. When I got the Rolex home, I spent hours comparing it to the omega and lo and behold I preferred the quality of the omega, especially the bracelet. Now, I'm not Saying the Rolex was not high quality because it was, but there is also a HUGE price difference and IMO for this particular model I was quite disappointed. Next day I returned the Rolex, the omega remains my daily driver.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I don't think quality is the determining factor between Omega and Rolex... they are both very well known, established brands that are known for their fantastic time pieces. I feel this question is not the question to be asked because there is no clear answer.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sorry guys I didn't mean to start anything. I was just looking for the is there anything obvious between the two that one does better or one was doing that the other wasn't. I guess this is like Mercedes Benz vs BMW.

·
Registered
Various
76 Posts
IMHO the Omega's are built and finished just as nicely as Rolex watches are. Accept a Rolex is much more expensive because of the brand.

·
Registered
714 Posts
I think you couldn't split a hair between the built quality of the new Omegas and the new Rolex models.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have an Omega and my folks have Rolexes. I have no clue or idea on which is higher quality, both are great and I'll leave it at that.

1 - 20 of 342 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.