WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it's been sort of a slow morning here on the forum, I thought we might do another one of these.

I haven't had this one out in a long time - grandpa's watch. It makes me think about the Doxa tank...

it sure feels............ small.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I'm wearing the Pro today.

I met up with another forum member at the No.Cal. AD this weekend. He had a stunning collection of Doxas - Nymph, DS 600, Caribbean GMT, 750 DS COSC, Mil Shark and 750 Pro. Anyway, we were chatting it up for good long while. I kept staring at his wrist, he was wearing a 750 DP Pro. It occurred to me, I had never seen someone else wearing an Orange face Doxa (my father and brother both wear Sharks). Anyway, his love for his orange Doxa was contagious. I found myself wishing I had one too. Then I looked at my own wrist and saw this.

Meeting up with other Doxaholics makes this all so much more fun. I am truly rediscovering this watch. Thanks John! It was a pleasure meeting you and your lovely wife Kathy.

·
14,594 Posts
I'm wearing the Pro today.

I met up with another forum member at the No.Cal. AD this weekend. He had a stunning collection of Doxas - Nymph, DS 600, Caribbean GMT, 750 DS COSC, .........................

Sad thing is, as soon as I read this much of your post I knew exactly who you were talking about:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d

John and Kathy are GREAT people, aren't they?? I had the pleasure of meeting them at the CC convention in Charleston, SC. That NYMPH is Spectacular, Huh??

Today, I am wearing the 750T Pro with a GMT bracelet. I am wearing this one while we wait for his cousin (DS GMT) to arrive via Fed-Ex. It always amazes me that Doxa can ship it out on Friday afternoon and it can be here by Monday. Excellent Job Doxa!!

BTW, I just took this pic and realized.........Not only did I totally copy Kev's Pose, I need to set the date:rodekaart:oops::oops:

·
Registered
439 Posts
This weekend I threw on a Brand New Doxa Leather strap with orange stitching onto my 300T Sharkhunter Reissue. Feels like a new watch again!!!

·
Registered
761 Posts
This one one's on the job today. Life's too short to worry about snooty types who don't think an orange dial belongs in the office!

:roll:

·
Banned
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This one one's on the job today. Life's too short to worry about snooty types who don't think an orange dial belongs in the office!

Here Here! I couldn't agree more. You have a really nice glow going on that 300T photo - I still think they had exceptional lume compared to many of my other SUBs...

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Call me boring, but this one's been on my wrist almost constantly since i got it.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,823 Posts
Well, so far today it's been the CWC (a hold over from yesterday....).

But you guys have got me thinkin' orange!

·
Registered
8,500 Posts
Wearing the 750T Sharkhunter today on this snowy Monday here in NY. Can't wait for my 5000T Sharky to arrive later this month. :-!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Recently its all been black and white. One or the other on different days. Even the Pumpkin isn't getting a look in.
Alasdair

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi Thor,
Refering to your Elgin Tank. please take in mind that Doxa makes not only the modern version but on the bay, for less than 100 $ you can buy the mechanical Doxa Tank watches from the nineteenthirties.
Regards,
Adrian.

·
14,594 Posts
I'm horrible at taking pics but here's the strap I have as shown on Pete's website.
It's in the upper right corner in the 1st pic.
http://www.doxa300t.com/rubber/rubber.htm
Below I attached the pic from Pete's site as well.
I just REALLY like seeing wrist shots of that 300T reissue Sharky. That is one rare bird, and I have never had mine on my wrist.o|o|o|

·
Registered
329 Posts
The T.Graphs still in Switzerland being fixed so
the daily wear watch has been the Panerai 86.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts