WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,

the movement in question is a - Ronda GMT Cal.515.24H

i was looking for information on this particular movement, but other than some very limited technical information- there is not much personal review\information about this movement or a watch housing this movement.

is that a reliable movement?

i know it's not a high-end movement (probably), but how good is it ?

the GMT feature works as it should ?

i wonder if anyone here had experience with a watch with this movement or similar installed.

any input is highly appreciated.

many thanks!

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
It's not too bad, midrange quality quartz. It's far superior to what ETA has in the same functionality department, the 805.161.

-s-

·
Registered
143 Posts
It can be found in a Phoibos Eagle Ray GMT 41mm dive watch. It's also only 10.5 mm thick but rated at 300M and on $200 USD. Wonder how it can be so inexpensive?

·
Registered
7,643 Posts
I got one in a Svalbard Einzeiger CG11, and it's fine. Especially in a watch for less than $100...

Some have complained about the accuracy when setting the GMT hand or dial, but have not found that to be the case in admittedly limited use.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I can attest to that: I have Svalbard Liberte (AA36) which uses GMT hand of the movement to drive single-hand of this decimal watch. And when the time needs to be adjusted it takes 2 or 3 attempts to get it right, as sometimes hand seems to be stuck and doesn't move after the crown is back into "0" position (if it makes sense).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts