WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife caught sight of a rose gold Daytona (at least I think that's what it was) on the wrist of Tamara Ecclestone (well worth a google image search if you don't know who she is, and I didn't before last night) and really liked it. She doesn't have a chrono, or a gold coloured watch, so given that I can't afford the £20k+ the real thing would cost (and to be fair she wouldn't let me spend that on her even if I could) I thought I'd look around for an affordable version to slip on her stocking next month.

Anyone know of one. Under $150 preferably and quartz is just fine for this one.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Olly - my suggestion would be an Invicta Speedway, for which, they have made many variants, some in rose gold. Below are a few that I found (I really like the two-tone version I have that was a great value at $57 from overstock a few years ago.)

Invicta 9761

Invicta 9955

Invicta 4224

BTW - fun to be in the same time zone as you you for a bit, and the part of Paris that I am staying is watch heaven!

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Olly - my suggestion would be an Invicta Speedway, for which, they have made many variants, some in rose gold. Below are a few that I found (I really like the two-tone version I have that was a great value at $57 from overstock a few years ago.)

Invicta 9761

Invicta 9955

Invicta 4224

BTW - fun to be in the same time zone as you you for a bit, and the part of Paris that I am staying is watch heaven!
Thanks, the two tone seems to be the most readily available over here and is just about in budget (sadly nowhere near $57, more like 3 times that).

Have fun in Paris. :-!

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Arktika - you've excelled yourself! I think the Invicta still just edges it - two tone actually makes a lot of sense as her jewellery is predominantly platinum or white gold so a pure gold watch might clash.

The other option that occurred to me is Bagelsport or Alpha but the Alpha site seems to be down and I can't figure out where to buy Bagelsport from - any ideas?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Thanks Arktika - you've excelled yourself! I think the Invicta still just edges it - two tone actually makes a lot of sense as her jewellery is predominantly platinum or white gold so a pure gold watch might clash.

The other option that occurred to me is Bagelsport or Alpha but the Alpha site seems to be down and I can't figure out where to buy Bagelsport from - any ideas?
My girlfriend has actually taken my two-tone Invicta for a period of time in the past and worn it herself...

·
Registered
26,427 Posts
My wife caught sight of a rose gold Daytona (at least I think that's what it was) on the wrist of Tamara Ecclestone (well worth a google image search if you don't know who she is, and I didn't before last night)
Indeed o_O

and really liked it. She doesn't have a chrono, or a gold coloured watch, so given that I can't afford the £20k+ the real thing would cost (and to be fair she wouldn't let me spend that on her even if I could) I thought I'd look around for an affordable version to slip on her stocking next month.

Anyone know of one. Under $150 preferably and quartz is just fine for this one.
This one seems perfect :

Alpha Watch

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just spotted that one myself Reno. The price is definitely right but I'm not totally sold on the blue dial...

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Right now it's between the Alpha and this Invicta.

Typically the Invicta is twice the price on Amazon UK that it is on Amazon.com

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Go for the Invicta! The bracelet on my 8926OB is amazing quality compared to my Alpha GMT Pepsi.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Michael Kors Layton chrono! It's above your $150 limit at $250 (can be found cheaper, i'm sure), but it's damnnnnn close to a daytona.

_6414373.jpg

·
Registered
8,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks to everyone for your advice.
I went with this Invicta in the end - showed the Mrs a pic last night and she was very keen.
51Elrm4GWYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This will bring her total watches to 4, all from decent brands (Orient, G-Shock, Christopher Ward) so I may have to do a SOTC for her at some point!!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Typically the Invicta is twice the price on Amazon UK that it is on Amazon.com
Hey WMW,

This may be one hour too late but Amazon.com will ship to the UK and include the VAT and any import duty into the price at the checkout so you don't get stung for the Royal Mail 'handling fee' (which has been twice the cost of the duty they kindly paid on a recent watch of mine :-(). Doesn't always work out that much cheaper, but worth checking.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts