WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I am interested in buying one of these for a friend of mine.
However, I found two different versions, one cheaper and one, I guess, more expensive. But they are listed as the same one.

First version (it seems like second hand is moving continuously):

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

Second version (it seems like a true chronograh):

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Brown

Which one is better, in your opinion? I can't find anything online about the differences. Are they the same size?

·
Registered
12,969 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, it seems like I found the difference between the two versions.
They are both working chronographs, but the first one has the chrono seconds in longer hand while the second version has the chrono seconds in the subdial like a chrono should have.
I found the first one at 105€ (new) and the second one at 180€ (completely refurbished and repolished with sapphire crystal and milanese mesh band in addition).
What would you suggest?
Thank you!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I had the brown leather strap version, the one in the second picture. It had central seconds. Meaning the second had was not a sub dial, the big second hand was moving continuously.

·
Registered
9,488 Posts
I've had a couple of similar Rotary chronographs and without doubt I'd suggest to go for one that uses the larger central seconds hand for the chrono seconds as opposed to the one that puts it on the sub dial. You want the continual running seconds on the sub dial and the chrono seconds on the large central hand, this makes it much nicer to use the chrono for actually timing things, when it is on the sub dial it feels too fiddly to use accurately. By the way if you like this style of watch you should also check out the Seiko Flightmasters, sometimes you can pick up a used one for a really good price on Ebay. The Rotarys tend to be a little more dressy and are quite nice looking but I've always preferred the feel of similar Seiko and Citizen slide rule pilot watches over them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for your answer.
I don't like the aspect of Seikos and Citizen, actually.

I think I will go for the more expensive version with cut numbers.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have the version on the right with the running seconds on the small sub-dial at 6, defo the best version to go for
I found the first one at 105€ (new) and the second one at 180€ (completely refurbished and repolished with sapphire crystal and milanese mesh band in addition).
I understand the advantages of the second one, but do them justify the difference in price?

·
Registered
9,488 Posts
I understand the advantages of the second one, but do them justify the difference in price?
Only you can decide that. Personally I'd always take a sapphire crystal over mineral glass but that's just my preference.

·
Registered
9,488 Posts
Dude, it's really bad form to keep bumping your thread like this. If anyone has anything more to add to this discussion they will do, from the lack of new replies I think it's fair to say that maybe there isn't much more to add.

·
Registered
5,508 Posts
So, it seems like I found the difference between the two versions.
They are both working chronographs, but the first one has the chrono seconds in longer hand while the second version has the chrono seconds in the subdial like a chrono should have.
What would you suggest?
Thank you!
The one with the chrono seconds being the large central hand, is "correct". Notice that the watch has a tachymetre scale just inside of the inner slide rule scale. That scale is useless if the chrono seconds hand is on a sub-dial.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts