WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guy,
are the brands rotary or swiss legend known? Have you guys heard of them? And how reputable are they?

And is 14mm for the case thickness considered very thick?

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Yes... We know them. Many years ago Rotary was a good quality watch and mainly doing business in U.K.
Swiss legend is a well known, low quality watch that has very little to do with Swiss except name.
I and a very large percentage of the forum would advise you to stay clear of them.
There are many other good quality watches in the same price range. Sturhling and Invicta are two to stay clear of.
Hope we can help you with finding a good quality watch....Good luck.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Swiss Legend is neither Swiss nor legendary. I would stay away from them, definitely. Rotary is the better of the two but may I recommend checking out Seiko, Orient, Citizen, Bulova, Tissot. Those brands offer a very nice bang for your buck and all have auto and quartz options.

Also, the question about the thickness is subjective. If it's too thick for you then you have your answer. Keep in mind what you want to wear the watch for and if you need it to fit under a shirt cuff, for example.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Paulfrank, use the search function of the forum to learn more about the brands you inquired about. Also, to learn about watches that are liked and appreciated by the very knowledgeable WUS members, look at the WRUW (what are you wearing) threads on a daily basis.

A lot of watch folks start with Seiko, Citizen and a lesser known brand called Orient. All Japanese watches that manufacture their own movements and therefore, have credibility among the folks here. A watch does not have to have an in house movement to be respected, just that the aforementioned brands do so makes them special at their respective price points.

The more you read here....the more you'll know. Welcome to the forum and we hope you'll stick around.

·
Premium Member
71,424 Posts
Swiss Legend is neither Swiss nor legendary. I would stay away from them, definitely. Rotary is the better of the two but may I recommend checking out Seiko, Orient, Citizen, Bulova, Tissot. Those brands offer a very nice bang for your buck and all have auto and quartz options.

Also, the question about the thickness is subjective. If it's too thick for you then you have your answer. Keep in mind what you want to wear the watch for and if you need it to fit under a shirt cuff, for example.
I couldn't have put it any better myself. Generally speaking 14mm is on a little on the thick side but try the watch on before you discount it due to the thickness in the specs.

·
Registered
17,054 Posts
You looking for a skeleton movement? Rotary is an affordable way of getting one - there aren't too many alternatives at that price. They use reasonable quality Chinese movements for theirs.

·
Premium Member
2,879 Posts
I've had a Rotary for years and it is a solid watch. The best advice was to use the search function, check out many brands, and to hang around for awhile. After that, buy what you like.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
+1. Add Kadloo, Beijing, and Sea-Gull to the list.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I've owned a few Swiss Legends - Eograph, Sprint Racer, Evolution, etc. They've all been reliable, well constructed watches. Especially like the Scubador model. I've kinda outgrown them over the years but respect the brand.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts