WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just purchased a new TAG Carrera Automatic Chrono (calibre 17) last Thursday from an authorised dealer. I wore it all day friday, but not at all on saturday. When I put it on saturday afternoon in my office (which is near silent), I noticed I could hear the rotor swinging inside and it sounded like i could hear bearings moving or something, like there was some rubbing or friction somewhere. This is my first mechanical and I'm not sure if I should be able to hear the rotor swinging or if it should be smooth and totally silent.

It also stopped last night and I lost around 20 mins. I gave it a quick wind (maybe about 5 or 6 turns on the crown) and it kept time all night and seems to be working fine. I thought having worn it all day on friday it would have kept enough power to last well into sunday afternoon, and not stop randomly on Saturday night.

Any comments or ideas? Does it need to go in for a check-up already??

S

·
0 Posts
The TAG Heuer caliber 17 basicly is an ETA 2894-2 which is produced by the Swatch Group since 1996. It´s a modular construction with ETA 2892 base movement and chronograph module.
Due to the modular construction, crown and pushers are not on the same line.

The rotor sound to me seems quite normal.

The power reserve of a full winded ETA 2894-2 is about 46 hours. My guess is: your´s wasn´t fully wounded.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts