Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you can see I was bored today;-)

I did some VERY rough models of most of the color schemes discussed (and a few I just threw in! :-d ) to give a general idea of what the finished product may look like.

I used a UX as a model since it seems forum members are leaning towards a 10 oclock crown. Although the hand design hasn't been decided yet since I was already using a UX it was not only simpler for me to use the sword hands but also were MUCH easier for me to fill in with color than the U1 block hands.

Please ignore the little details (logo, date wheel etc, minute markers.), again these are very rough designs just to give an idea of color combinations.|>

1.White dial/black markers 2. White dial/Orange Markers 3. White dial/Blue markers 4.Blue dial/white markers 5.Blue dial/orange markers 6.Blue dial/black markers 7.orange dial/white markers 8. orange dial/blue markers 9. Yellow dial/black markers 10. yellow dial/white markers 11. green dial/white markers......did I forget any???:rodekaart

·
Registered
172 Posts
thanks, David.....I like #2 and #3 the most.....hum...#3 would be my first choice....can we make this a poll ?

I had thought I would have like the blue dials (#4-#6) but they turns out to be too much, perhaps a different shade of blue....

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, David.....I like #2 and #3 the most.....hum...#3 would be my first choice....can we make this a poll ?

I had thought I would have like the blue dials (#4-#6) but they turns out to be too much, perhaps a different shade of blue....

I agree that the shade of blue makes a huge difference. Since forumers seem to want a fully lumed dial the color shades are limited to what is available in lume (this is not to say that the colors I used are specifically accurate to lume shades available...they were just the most accessible).

Before I made these I was leaning towards a blue dial but like you I also now like #2 and 3 the best...although personally I like #2 a little more as it feels unique and stylish to me.

I can still add a poll if people would like but it seemed to me that there were already a lot of polls running and I didn't want to muddy the waters especially since these are so rough and not very accurate in regard to details.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
39,171 Posts
Good work, BTW, way above my own talent!

EDIT: The Orange option is too "Doxa Hommage" for me, at least!
Ditto from me, great job!

I agree with Janne on the Doxa hommage remark. Don't get me wrong, I like Doxa and have 5 of my own but this watch needs to raise the bar another level.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I wonder one thing. Which hand is the most importand for a Diver (person)?
I suspect (I am not a diver myself) that the Minute hand is the most important!
Or?
The minute hand is most important for sure. Seconds don't usually matter. If you're worrying about seconds on a dive, you messed up :-d

And ya, they do look a bit Doxa to me too... Maybe that's why I like it so much.

Can we get a mockup of some mixing matching of colors? Like... Blue indices w/ orange hands or vis versa? In my mind it sounds cool but my mind isn't exactly accurate with these kinds of things.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you guys read my mind in regard to using an orange minute hand...I was going to toss that out but thought it might be going too far:-d

Let me see what I can do. I'm using a pretty simplistic color program but hopefully there's a forum member with photoshop and design skills who can render more accurate photo images.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay. Here's a rough model utilizing a different color minute hand and matching bezel markers. I used the "top secret" TZ watch pic so the crown is now at 4 oclock, U1 block hands/markers and the bezel PVD. Personally I'm not a fan of PVD but the forumers will decide the outcome!:-!

In the "TZ" watch the hands are entirely black, I left the hands two tone like the original U1 (color lume on top with black base) but I assume they can be made all one color (although I personally like them better two tone since it helps separate the hour from minute and break up the colors). I threw in a red U1 logo for funb-)

Oh...I couldn't resist getting rid of that horrible white strap:-d

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BTW in the polls I voted for the sword hands but in the above model I quite like the block hands. Maybe because the colors break them up nicely and they look less like lego blocks:-d

·
Banned
21,244 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can play around with some of the colors. I left the second hand color "blocky" but can easily extend it down. The orange is tough since it's a color that can look totally different depending on what other colors it's next to....every time I choose the shade it comes out completely different when actually applied.

Here is the same watch but now with added matching blue bezel markers. I really like this one:-!

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
39,171 Posts
Great job on the mock-up Dave!

The dial and hands look really good to me but there needs to be less blue on the bezel and some white added. IMHO the blue numbers disappear against the black bezel.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Very nice mock up David.

Using your model, I butchered it up some... Gave it a little more orange, a little less blue. Orange hour/minute hand, blue second hand. I think the bezel numbers (15 - 60) should be white for legibility. I think using orange or blue there will cause a lack of contrast, though I guess we do need to use one of the two colors for 0-15.

Oh and changed the U1 logo to orange as well.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, it is pretty extreme.

B....y perfect, (if it looks good,) in other words!

I do not think it has been done before?
I will place a question thread on the Divers Forum and ask.
it's been done many times on dive watches (usually in the "ploprof" style) and remains a favorite design for divers and on the forums. To my knowledge though its never been done on a sinn.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great job on the mock-up Dave!

The dial and hands look really good to me but there needs to be less blue on the bezel and some white added. IMHO the blue numbers disappear against the black bezel.
yes, i agree blue/black is not a good combo but in using the TZ watch pic I had no choice since the bezel is pvd. Personally I'm picturing the colors on a steel bezel which I think would look better...although I like the suggestion of more white and I probably should have just colored the bezel numerals blue and left the minute markers white.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Very nice mock up David.

Using your model, I butchered it up some... Gave it a little more orange, a little less blue. Orange hour/minute hand, blue second hand. I think the bezel numbers (15 - 60) should be white for legibility. I think using orange or blue there will cause a lack of contrast, though I guess we do need to use one of the two colors for 0-15.

Oh and changed the U1 logo to orange as well.

hey nijay- I also like the look of orange hands, might be a nice combo with the blue markers on a white dial. I don't know why but when the hands are one color I stop liking the U1 style and return to liking the sword hands (but that's just my preference and I can't really explain it), after I finished it I was really surprised how much I liked the orange/blue U1 block hand combo.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
okay

so in combining some of the ideas above with nijay's model...

I switched back to the 10 oclock crown, U2 hands and steel bezel design making the hands all orange along with matching orange 0-15 bezel markers. The rest of the numerals are blue but now with white minute markers to set off the dial (sorry the bezel colors are so blurry, it's a little like making a xerox of a xerox and I'm losing definition as I add and remove things)

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
39,171 Posts
How about this with white bezel numbers and blue second hand tip...

Or with the orange framed blue second hand box...

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.