WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
1 sale a day has a Croton Roulette watch for $40 + S/H. You push a button and a light ball spins around the dail. Looks like fun!

For us WISs it's a Citizen movement and 30m water resistant.

http://www.1saleaday.com/

Shop NBC HAD it for $64.38.

·
Registered
26,436 Posts

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
Registered
26,436 Posts
Does the alpha "spin" randomly?
I don't know :think: this is what they say :

( THE WHITE HAND CAN TURN AROUND WHEN YOU PUSH THE CROWN )

I don't exactly know what they mean by "turn around" but I hope it works like a roulette is supposed to ;-)

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just realised that you have the perfect user ID to be posting about a roulette watch, Reno! :-d

·
Registered
26,436 Posts
I just realised that you have the perfect user ID to be posting about a roulette watch, Reno! :-d
;-)

I never went to Vegas, but I crossed the border in 1991, when I was spending a few days in Tahoe, and we went to Reno with a friend...

I'm not much of a player and we were only 20 at this time, so it was more for visiting the town than to loose money :-d

·
Registered
794 Posts
Does the alpha "spin" randomly?
Yes, it spins randomly. I have the black face model. When you push the button it compresses a spring and releases it's energy on the the pointer hand. The little pointer spins rapidly around. If you let go of the button while it's spinning it will immediately stop. If you continue to hold the button in, the pointer will eventually wind down to a stop. Either way it's fairly random, but I wouldn't be placing bets on or against it :-!

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! You haven't noticed by any chance if there is a relationship between where the arrow starts and where it ends? (I'm thinking maybe it makes X.YZ number of turns consistantly.)

·
Registered
794 Posts
Thanks! You haven't noticed by any chance if there is a relationship between where the arrow starts and where it ends? (I'm thinking maybe it makes X.YZ number of turns consistantly.)
Hi, no haven't noticed or done any controlled experiments. :-d My assumption is that the spring is being compressed the same amount each time, and therefore the same amount of energy is being released which should mean it will stop at about the same place every time. When it first starts spinning it's going so fast you can't tell when to let go to make it stop on a certain number. I would think if you really wanted to use it for a little gambling between buddies to pass the time, you'd hit the button and then let your buddy say "stop" a few seconds later. You'd let go of the button and see what number it's on.

The button is pretty stiff, so after about dozen or two spins at a time your finger will get a little sore. I bought mine as a novelty as I'm in the gambling biz.

There was another manufacturer besides Alpha making the same exact watch except the hands were white. I liked that one a little better than mine with the silver hands....Don't remember who the manu was now though....

·
Registered
26,436 Posts
Yes, it spins randomly. I have the black face model.
Cool :think:

Wardog, would you please post pictures of it ? They're quite rare around here ;-)

·
Registered
794 Posts

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts