WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good Day!

I've been lurking around here for some time trying to find a watch suited for my daily wear needs...Titanium, tritium/high-end lume, alarm, sapphire crystal, diver-styled daily wear watch. I wandered into my local jeweler and I asked him what he thought... He suggested a Roven Dino Talon II Titanium.

So, I've done research and I can't find anything...ANYTHING...about this company online or a better picture of the watch he suggested (see below) and that seems odd. The jeweler told me the watch has a sapphire face, solid titanium band and case, tritium markers and an alarm along with excellent customer service (whatever that means). I've been quoted $480. So, does anyone know about this watch or have input about Roven Dino, the pricing, etc? Do you have a better suggestion?

Thanks!
Pax

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yikes! Perhaps I posted this to the wrong forum or the Roven Dino gets a big thumbs down? <|?

Somebody gimme some guidance here?

-Pax

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
Yikes! Perhaps I posted this to the wrong forum or the Roven Dino gets a big thumbs down? <|?

Somebody gimme some guidance here?

-Pax

Given the data you have posted, my suspicion is it's a Chinese private label OEM product. While it all sounds good, given the quoted cost you could get the same characteristics from a vendor you have heard of who has known quality.

Check some of the vendors off the Watchuseek main pages for alternatives.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Given the data you have posted, my suspicion is it's a Chinese private label OEM product. While it all sounds good, given the quoted cost you could get the same characteristics from a vendor you have heard of who has known quality.

Check some of the vendors off the Watchuseek main pages for alternatives.
10-4. The Roven Dino movements are ETA Swiss Quartz made by Swatch. The company is supposedly a Swiss company with apparently great customer service. The watches come with a 5 year warranty.

Here is the information I've gotten from the Roven Dino website:
http://www.rovendino.com/index.php?page=talon-ii-titanium

All that said, I'm pretty dubious like you, Eeeb, because of the lack of other information out there. Appreciate your feedback. I may just go with another affordable like the steel Traser w/Alarm.

Thanks,
Pax

1 - 4 of 4 Posts