WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Halp...I've recently been stung and am now collecting (wearing) G-shocks. However, in my recent quest for a nice royal blue G, I've been coming up empty. It seems as all the blue G-shocks I find after further research the true color seems to be a dark or dull navyish color.

Besides the not so accessible Smurf, which I would love (waiting for one to pop up). I've found some royal GA100's but for some reason I don't think the are legit (did Casio ever make blue GA100's?). I saw the 6900cc, but not sure how blue it actually is and how "sparkly" it is (I do love my Krink). Also the 6900 blue jell. Looks like one of those two are my better options.

Looking for something on the larger side. Not really interested in the 5600. I've read through the "Blue G" thread but most seemed darker blue.

....Are there any other ROYAL BLUE G's???

·
Registered
37 Posts
Halp...I've recently been stung and am now collecting (wearing) G-shocks. However, in my recent quest for a nice royal blue G, I've been coming up empty. It seems as all the blue G-shocks I find after further research the true color seems to be a dark or dull navyish color.

Besides the not so accessible Smurf, which I would love (waiting for one to pop up). I've found some royal GA100's but for some reason I don't think the are legit (did Casio ever make blue GA100's?). I saw the 6900cc, but not sure how blue it actually is and how "sparkly" it is (I do love my Krink). Also the 6900 blue jell. Looks like one of those two are my better options.

Looking for something on the larger side. Not really interested in the 5600. I've read through the "Blue G" thread but most seemed darker blue.

....Are there any other ROYAL BLUE G's???
How about one of these dude ?

·
Registered
765 Posts
The G-7710RL-2 comes to mind. Band design is quite special. One of the smaller Gs, so may not suit larger wrist size though.

---

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are some I own...not good pics but you get the idea..
The 6900cc metallic flake one looks purple...Every picture I see of it looks different. How would you describe it in person?
How about one of these dude ?
Too baby blue, looking for a truer blue like the one G-SHOCK DISCIPLE posted.
The G-7710RL-2 comes to mind. Band design is quite special. One of the smaller Gs, so may not suit larger wrist size though.
Looking for something that is all blue or mostly blue, too much black in it.

CASIO G-SHOCK G-2200-2BV
Again, too much black in it, but that is a very interesting watch! Never seen it before.

Soo...I am almost positive this is fake...But maybe the more important question is...Does a legit version of this watch (in this color) exist?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
The 6900cc metallic flake one looks purple...Every picture I see of it looks different. How would you describe it in person?

Too baby blue, looking for a truer blue like the one G-SHOCK DISCIPLE posted.
Looking for something that is all blue or mostly blue, too much black in it.

Again, too much black in it, but that is a very interesting watch! Never seen it before.

Soo...I am almost positive this is fake...But maybe the more important question is...Does a legit version of this watch (in this color) exist?
100% fake!!!

Not that I am aware of.

Cheers,
MountainMike

·
Registered
4,055 Posts
There's also the Earth Blue Riseman ... not sure how limited its release was, but might be able to track it down ... the non-atomic G9200BL would be the cheaper option.

g-9200bl-2dr-b.jpg

·
Registered
877 Posts
There's also the Earth Blue Riseman ... not sure how limited its release was, but might be able to track it down ... the non-atomic G9200BL would be the cheaper option.
JonL, both excellent suggestions. It took me a while to find my GW-9200BLJ-2, and I luckily nabbed a DW-6900MM-2 from Amazon when it was available... both are very nice and worth the hunt! |>

I think I'll wear my MM-2 for the rest of the day :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
100% fake!!!

Not that I am aware of.

Cheers,
MountainMike
Thanks!
Here's an all blue DW-6900MM-2. May be hard to find ...

You can also search the G-Shock Perfect Search site, in Japanese though. Here's a search for blue G's ever released in Japan, with newest first:

G-SHOCK PERFECT SEARCH - ???? - G-SHOCK - CASIO
That's "The Smurf" I've been trying to find! Thanks for the link.

That's a nice looking watch. Seems like another tough source one.

... both are very nice and worth the hunt! |>

I think I'll wear my MM-2 for the rest of the day :)
I guess my hunt continues...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts