WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
sorry for necro bumping this thread guys, but I think it's better to continue rather than make a new thread that's essentially just the same. The MK was more of an exact copy than the swiss legend, my opinion is either AP chooses to file lawsuits against companies they think they will surely win or they're sort of a bully :)) , nevertheless the RO is one of the best watches I've seen. Here's a watch i am keeping an eye on for the past month. Design is inspired by the RO of course, and to say it is a homage depends on how you look at it.

Jeyata.jpg

so what do you think? would you think AP would file a lawsuit against these guys? :))

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
No, those are hideous and other than bezel shape do not share anything with an AP RO.
hahaha I actually liked your comment, all the more makes me want to get this. So you honestly think AP wouldn't mind this "hideous" watch roams freely? (that is if somebody buys this too)

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
what about the Michael Kors posted in the earlier pages? That looks exactly like an AP RO? ever wonder why AP does not bother filing lawsuits?

·
Registered
851 Posts
what about the Michael Kors posted in the earlier pages? That looks exactly like an AP RO? ever wonder why AP does not bother filing lawsuits?
Go handle an AP RO and it will change your opinion. These do not look anything like a real RO. It's like saying a Seiko Monster looks just like a Rolex Submariner because it has a round shape and black dial.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Go handle an AP RO and it will change your opinion. These do not look anything like a real RO. It's like saying a Seiko Monster looks just like a Rolex Submariner because it has a round shape and black dial.
I did handle it, can't say anything. probably the best design and build I've felt. I am wondering why others seem like a complete ripoff just a different branding but does not get the attention of AP? nothing against MK, but you know if the design is patented it should be legally used by AP only.

I don't own an AP btw, clearly out my budget, but I'd grab one in an instant over PPs, Rolex's, Omegas and such

·
Registered
851 Posts
I did handle it, can't say anything. probably the best design and build I've felt. I am wondering why others seem like a complete ripoff just a different branding but does not get the attention of AP? nothing against MK, but you know if the design is patented it should be legally used by AP only.

I don't own an AP btw, clearly out my budget, but I'd grab one in an instant over PPs, Rolex's, Omegas and such
I think AP knows what they have and a lot of it is in the finishing of the bracelet and dials, not the shape of the case. If people start copying that and selling it commercially (not the fakes that say AP), then I think AP would go after them.

Personally, I never cared for them in photos. Then I saw one in real life in vegas, and I was hooked. I've bought and sold and traded up over many decades and had just sold a Sea Dweller and received a bonus at work, so I bought one BNIB from a grey dealer with my name on the warranty 3 years ago - still my favorite piece in my collection.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I think AP knows what they have and a lot of it is in the finishing of the bracelet and dials, not the shape of the case. If people start copying that and selling it commercially (not the fakes that say AP), then I think AP would go after them.

Personally, I never cared for them in photos. Then I saw one in real life in vegas, and I was hooked. I've bought and sold and traded up over many decades and had just sold a Sea Dweller and received a bonus at work, so I bought one BNIB from a grey dealer with my name on the warranty 3 years ago - still my favorite piece in my collection.
Wow, i could save up for months but I think it's not the right time yet for me to be wearing one right now since that would mean living beyond my means.. I hope id be able to have one eventually. :D

·
Registered
4,984 Posts

·
Registered
26,419 Posts
121 - 133 of 133 Posts