WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently purchased a Christopher ward c60 and looking to add a strap.

Do you recommend rubber or silicone
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
A Good quality natural rubber is nice. But, I just got my first silicone, and I am very pleased.
Watch Analog watch Gesture Clock Font

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I would recommend FKM rubber or vulcanized rubber - soft, flexible, durable.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
why not get a Christopher Ward rubber strap? they're quite nice.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just got my first Isofrane and I can’t expound on how much more comfortable this strap is compared to my silicone straps. And for water time, it’s hands down a winner over natos. Yesterday, they are not cheap, this one ran $149 with shipping and a new set of Seiko fat spring bars, but well worth it...and no lint roller effect!
I wanted to see what the hype was about, so I gave it a go on one of my SK’s. Now I am fairly convinced that one of these in red would be much better fit for my U2 as opposed to the expensive Sinn silicone variant.
(8.5” wrist, for those wondering if it would fit them)
Watch Analog watch Gesture Clock Wrist

Hand Wristband Sleeve Gesture Finger

·
Registered
982 Posts
The Christopher Ward Tropic tapered, nonperferated rubber strap with quick release pins is very flexible and comfortable. I have one on my c65 yellow. They make them in blue or black. They also make a hybrid rubber and cordura nylon for beefier watches.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A natural rubber strap like the Hirsch Accent is great - but pricey. Much better than the usual silicone or synthetic rubber versions though
Natural rubber wears much better for me.
I would recommend FKM rubber or vulcanized rubber - soft, flexible, durable.
Another vote for Bonetto Cinturini. I'll never wear silicone due to the constant presence of LINT!
dP
Pure rubber only for me. Silicone and/or latex are just too much of a lint magnet, IMHO......

Thanks all of you for the input. It definitely sounds like rubber is better for me than silicon.

I'm still new to this. What is the difference between various types of rubber. Natural, cordovan, fkm, vulkanized.

Thanks. I'm sure the Christopher ward one is great, I might get that but I'm still trying to determine what it is.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Assuming the spring bars fit the rubber straps Scurfa sells are pretty great for the money, but shipping could be a little high depending on where you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
132 Posts
Inclined to rubber.

Silicone--at least my very limited experience with it--is comfortable enough, but when folks here say it attracts lint, well, it attracts lint. And it doesn't want to come off.

B-C is pretty much a go-to for rubber straps. Still debating whether to put the Arnie on a NATO or just go ahead and get a 315.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts