WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I dont think I would risk my £4000 watch on a £30 unknown quality strap thats basically a fake item. I think there are a few of these type of straps drifting around so im wondering if these are from the same factory. Have a dig around this forum and you might be able to find similar posts. These fake straps dont often have the internal reinforced sleeve around the springbars so theres a risk of the rubber peeling off the spring bars. Im also betting the fit of the bars is average so youll be scratching the case as well.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm also after a rubber strap for my SMP. Have seen Zealande and Hirsh so wonder if there are other brands to look at? Is there any benefit of having an integrated rubber strap (similar to Omega's) vs normal one?

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I'm also after a rubber strap for my SMP. Have seen Zealande and Hirsh so wonder if there are other brands to look at? Is there any benefit of having an integrated rubber strap (similar to Omega's) vs normal one?
I can vouch for the Hirsch performance straps. Nothing like the Omega (AT) version but theyre definitely ok with long term use in the sea. They dont have a curved lug ends though. The Omega rubber for the current gen SMP isnt crazy money so its worth considering

·
Registered
9,557 Posts
I'd be weary of putting my AT on a cheap strap. They are cheap for a reason! Obviously, it's your decision, but just keep in mind what you are purchasing. ;)

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all. I’m definitely wary of the inexpensive strap. That’s why I was asking if anyone had any actual experience with them.

I have a Hirsch James on one of my watches and an Accent on another watch. I’m thinking either would look good on an AT. I’ve also used Bonetto Cinturini straps and had good results. The Model 302 is a possibility.

I know there are a couple of strap threads out there, but any pics of aftermarket strap options (preferably straps able to go into the water) would be appreciated. Again, thanks for your thoughts, and I look forward to hearing more.

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
I dont think I would risk my £4000 watch on a £30 unknown quality strap thats basically a fake item.
I do it all the time.

$10

$10

$17

$10

$10

$30

The important part is using a quality claps and/or springbars. I've never had one come off. It's a bit of fun buying straps I'm not sure I'll like.

OEM straps are of course no compassion. Comfortable and long lasting

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In response to above ^^^

I like it. I now have the Hirsch Accent on my AT...super comfortable...and a Di-Modell Jumbo as an option. The James (on my Lum-Tec) looks really good and seems to be of high quality, but it's not quite as pliable as the Accent - of course it's leather/rubber as opposed to rubber only. I used some black shoe polish to darken up the leather and the stitching to better match the watch. Here are a couple of pics.

And here are a couple of the AT. The first is with the Hirsch Accent. The second is with the Di-Modell Jumbo (water resistant leather).

·
Registered
105 Posts
great, appreciated and very nice combos.

Will check out the Jumbo, I think I prefer that or a nice Toshi over the James, even if I sacrifice water resistance on the latter. Will report back...

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
great, appreciated and very nice combos.

Will check out the Jumbo, I think I prefer that or a nice Toshi over the James, even if I sacrifice water resistance on the latter. Will report back...
The Jumbo breaks in very nicely. I have a couple of them. This one is about 1.5 years old and is holding up well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts