WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I am going to get the PO 45 with SS bracelet, but I also want to get the rubber strp as well for it to change up the look every now and again. Is the rubber strap is used to a deployant? Does the rubber need to be cut in order to size it correctly? Also, are there other alternatives for rubber or leather straps besides OEM? Is so, can you point me in teh right direction? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Hi all,

I am going to get the PO 45 with SS bracelet, but I also want to get the rubber strp as well for it to change up the look every now and again. Is the rubber strap is used to a deployant? Does the rubber need to be cut in order to size it correctly? Also, are there other alternatives for rubber or leather straps besides OEM? Is so, can you point me in teh right direction? Thanks in advance.
There are two types of rubber straps for the PO....
One is the rubber divers strap with buckle which is what I have (in addition to SS & Mesh):

You do not have to cut this strap.

The other is the black with either white or orange stiching (also make an orange with white stiching in this style strap too) on the deployant-type buckle. This strap looks like it would be leather but it's actually rubber. You can go to ofrei website and view it. I am 99% sure that you do not have to cut this strap either.
Here is a link to the ofrei page - these straps are about 1/3 of the way down (start with part # OEM-98000198): http://www.ofrei.com/page750.html

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks Bart,

Is yours the 45 or the 42? Looks great by the way!!!

On the website you referred, they say that the straps are made for specific case numbers, do you happen to know what the case number the 45.5 is? Also, what is the lug width of the 45.5? If yours is the 45.5, can you tell me the part number of both the buckles and the strap you bought?

Also, are the prices on the site you referred cheaper than if I purchased from AD or is it the same? Thanks again!

Jack

·
Registered
230 Posts
you don"t have to cut any of the straps mentioned.
The 45.5 has the 22mm lug width, the 42 has the 20mm. That pic above is the 42 (I have owned both).
Ofrei prices on these straps is less than most ADs and comparable to the forum AD (I priced them out).

I have the black rubber strap with white stitching on the deployant for my 45.5 PO. Love it, it is very comfortable and a great alternative to the ss bracelet.

Happy Hunting.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Thanks Bart,

Is yours the 45 or the 42? Looks great by the way!!!

On the website you referred, they say that the straps are made for specific case numbers, do you happen to know what the case number the 45.5 is? Also, what is the lug width of the 45.5? If yours is the 45.5, can you tell me the part number of both the buckles and the strap you bought?

Also, are the prices on the site you referred cheaper than if I purchased from AD or is it the same? Thanks again!

Jack
Jack,
Sorry for the delay - am just now seeing your post.

My watch is the 42mm PO. The lug width on mine is 20mm

However, the lug width on the 45mm PO is 22mm (same as my Sinn U1).
I do not know the case number for either my watch or yours (the 45mm) - you have to remove the case back to get this & I have never done this.

However, you can tell which strap you need by the lug width too.

For the two straps that I have - here are the part numbers that you would need for your 45mm PO:

Rubber diver's strap - with the tang & buckle
OME-98000145
You would also need this buckle (does not come with the strap)
OME-9451-2022

Black rubber strap w/white stiching - with deployant buckle
OME-98000196
And you would need the deployant buckle (not included with strap)
OME-9452-1813

Or, if you have the orange bezel (and are really brave - fashion-wise), here is the part number for the loud Orange on Orange rubber strap
OME-98000184
And (same) deployant buckle
OME-9452-1813

To answer your last question:
The prices that Ofrei charges are strictly retail. You are liable to get a better price from an AD (most definitly the forum fav AD). The trick will be if/when an AD has the specific strap that you are wanting in stock. But many of them do carrry these straps in stock due to the popularity of the PO.

Also, be sure to check the cost of that deployant buckle (in addition to the strap cost). The deployant buckle is very nice but also very expensive. It makes the total cost of that stiched strap very high in comparison to the total cost of the diver's strap and tang-type buckle (like I have).

Good luck!! These are all great strap combinations. I know you will enjoy which ever one you get.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.