WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
Wouls
Appreciate if anyone has some experience with PO Liquidmetal 42 strap.
I would like to change it to rubber and saw this one :

not sure if it will fit for the Liquidmetal case .

any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
470 Posts
Hi guys
Wouls
Appreciate if anyone has some experience with PO Liquidmetal 42 strap.
I would like to change it to rubber and saw this one :

not sure if it will fit for the Liquidmetal case .

any help would be much appreciated
If you’re referring to the POLMLE, the 20mm should fit in theory. But the difficulty with these curved end aftermarket straps is that you never know whether the spring bar will line up - so you’ll need to either have curved spring bars ready or hope that it fits!

·
Registered
529 Posts
I wear my 42mm PO2500 on a knockoff silicon deployant clasp like that, the fit is perfect. I happened to get mine on Amazon but knowing how those knockoff companies operate they're probably all made in the same place. I'd say go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
solesman what is the cost ?
Expensive. But compared to the risk of the unknown quality of the strap youre looking at, its cheaper than trying to recover your PO from the bottom of the sea or the middle of the road. Theres no way I would risk a watch like the PO on an unknown brand. The OEM rubbers and brands like hirsch have a steel/titanium sleeve inside them to hold the springbars which stops the rubber peeling off. The quality of the Omega straps is fantastic and they last years. A big portion of the cost is the clasp which you never need to replace.

PS, Solesman, sorry for jumping in to answer. I was going to post the above remark anyway!

·
Registered
19 Posts
OEM for me. I bought my PO (39.5) from the AD and he threw in the strap and deployant. It is expensive but the quality is fantastic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,534 Posts
I don't see any harm in trying a cheap strap first. It's hit and miss I've found.

I got a cheapie for my SMP but the holes didn't like up and in the bin. But my $16 NATO and $20 IWC straps work great.

Just make sure you use good spring bars and the buckle/clasp is solid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts