WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Yup, your right. Push one of those steel bars out of the rubber, then cut the extra rubber off to that point. The steel bar you remove is garbage. You put the final spring bar pin from the deployment into the empty hole that had the steel bar in it. Be careful to measure twice and cut only once, once cut if its too short there is no going back. I usually cut one piece off at a time and see how close it is before daring to cut another portion. Alternate between sides too otherwise one half is short and the other is long.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are those pins (solid, not split) typically easier or harder to remove/insert?

Will cutting the strap void a purchase return, if needed ?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're right, Drez, about alternating sides. Last week I sized a steel bracelet and I removed and added links three times. Can't afford that with THIS.

·
Registered
8,288 Posts
Are those pins (solid, not split) typically easier or harder to remove/insert?

Will cutting the strap void a purchase return, if needed ?
I've always wondered that myself. My guess is yes, or at the very least that you'd have to cover the cost of a new strap.

·
Registered
20,963 Posts
When you find the right spot, use a sharp knife and a deliberate motion.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Honestly though, the cut ends are for all intents and purposes hidden from view. I just used a pair of scissors and had a field day until it fit my puny wrists. Take care to get the clasp in a comfortable position by cutting both sides. Measure many times and cut many times, not this one cut madness ;-). Take care to try and cut it so that you can fit it in the innermost holes on the clasp so you'll have a bit more strap to go on in the future.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Honestly though, the cut ends are for all intents and purposes hidden from view. I just used a pair of scissors and had a field day until it fit my puny wrists. Take care to get the clasp in a comfortable position by cutting both sides. Measure many times and cut many times, not this one cut madness ;-). Take care to try and cut it so that you can fit it in the innermost holes on the clasp so you'll have a bit more strap to go on in the future.
Good advice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts