WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a sub homage, with something blue on it for quite a while now. My budget is really small, so i've been thinking about Casio MVD106 and Invicta, but I saw this today:

Rudiger Men's R2000-04-003 Chemnitz Blue IP Luminous Watch: Watches: Amazon.com

I think it looks great, and it has great price too :) But I didn't find anything on these watches online, so I ask you: Are these watches crap? Should I go with Invicta or Casio? I think the design is very cool, and it's on my price range, and the list price is 450$?!

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Its a marketing ploy to make you feel like you got a great deal or to impulse buy "before the price goes back up". It doesn't actually sell for $450.

Sent via Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
The list price is also pulled directly from someone's arse. Mineral + Japanese or Chinese quartz /= $450.

They don't appear to be a legit German operation. Germasian I think is the term used around here. They appeared only recently. I remember seeing them last month on MyHabit for prices higher than Amazon's regular price (which baffled me, since Amazon owns MyHabit).

Ignore the list price. You're getting a $67 watch. If you LIKE that $67 watch and expect roughly the quality of a $67 watch, you will probably be happy with it. ;-)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I thought the list price was ridiculous. But I was just wondering if someone had experience with Rudiger watches. Casio has a good reputation here and the MVD106 has a lot of positive feedback, but I fear it's too big for my wrist..

What does "Nonstandard Battery" mean? How nonstandard it is, is it hard to replace or something?

Opinions on Casio MVD106 vs Rudiger watch are more than welcome :)

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Personally I like the look of the Casio more, anyway. And it's a well-known, established brand - you know what you are getting, and you can probably expect good support from the company (even if the watch is only $40 :-d).

Aren't there two sizes of the MDV106? The 1A that is 40mm, and the 1AV that is 47mm? At least according to Amazon...
www.amazon.com/Casio-MDV106-1A-Black-Analog-Reverse/dp/B009KYJAJY/

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, but I can't find 40mm blue :( So frustrating.. Think I might go with Invicta 9204 Quartz, nice look though im not a fan of Invicta. It should be good size for my 6,5 inch wrist. :) I just don't want to buy this Rudiger watch because nobody seems to know anything about their watches online.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts