WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On a whim, I picked up a Ruixuan Nylon Sailcloth Band in Navy for my Seiko SKX009. I didn't expect much for $13, but wanted something a little less "bright" than the red Barton canvas strap I had been wearing (nothing wrong with it, just seemed to be a bit too "out there" at times).

I can't post a link yet, but you should be able to search Amazon for "Ruixuan Nylon Sailcloth Band" and find it.

The Ruixuan comes equipped with quick release pins, making changes easy. In terms of quality, it seems ok, nothing glaring that stands out to this newbie. The only complaint I have is the straps are so stiff, you really have to work them over manually before you can wear the watch. I rolled them up tightly, twisted them, and moved them around a bit before I could use them on the watch. That was about 1-2min of effort, so it's not a lengthy process. They run a bit small, so I'm using the 3rd or 4th hole (from smallest setting) for my 6.5" wrist. Frequently, I'm at the 1st or 2nd hole.

Not much else to say. They look good, wear well, and are inexpensive enough to buy a couple colors for variety's sake. They may not look as nice over the long haul, but what do you expect for $13 shipped? I'll probably get a pair for my SNK80x project once I finish the internals.

Chris

·
Registered
930 Posts
On a whim, I picked up a Ruixuan Nylon Sailcloth Band in Navy for my Seiko SKX009. I didn't expect much for $13, but wanted something a little less "bright" than the red Barton canvas strap I had been wearing (nothing wrong with it, just seemed to be a bit too "out there" at times).

I can't post a link yet, but you should be able to search Amazon for "Ruixuan Nylon Sailcloth Band" and find it.

The Ruixuan comes equipped with quick release pins, making changes easy. In terms of quality, it seems ok, nothing glaring that stands out to this newbie. The only complaint I have is the straps are so stiff, you really have to work them over manually before you can wear the watch. I rolled them up tightly, twisted them, and moved them around a bit before I could use them on the watch. That was about 1-2min of effort, so it's not a lengthy process. They run a bit small, so I'm using the 3rd or 4th hole (from smallest setting) for my 6.5" wrist. Frequently, I'm at the 1st or 2nd hole.

Not much else to say. They look good, wear well, and are inexpensive enough to buy a couple colors for variety's sake. They may not look as nice over the long haul, but what do you expect for $13 shipped? I'll probably get a pair for my SNK80x project once I finish the internals.

Chris
Pics or it didn't happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts