WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My first post here. Please excuse me if I am posting this on the wrong forum.

I have a question that no one seems to be able to answer for me. Is there a rule of thumb for keeping/storing watches in closer proximity to each other? I understand that watches get magnetized by objects such as speakers, ipads, etc., but do watches magnetize each other if they are kept too close to each other (example: sitting on top of one other)? I once saw watches (automatic) stacked on top of each other (of course, with protective films around the watch cases to avoid scratches)... is that safe for automatic watches? Would that affect the watches in anyway? What if it's automatic watches kept too close to quartz watches? Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Oddly enough I was warned of this as a child. I suspect it's an urban myth though, otherwise how would they reproduce?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Mechanical watches can't magnetise each other. The only risk in stacking automatic watches is as you say - scratching the case.

·
Registered
838 Posts
That's how abominations like this are created

A diver on rubber with a gold case, guilloche dial, Roman numerals, no lume and illegible bezel markings.

Keep em apart.
I find myself oddly attracted to that. I require urgent help.

Reactions: Docrwm

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
That's how abominations like this are created

+

=

A diver on rubber with a gold case, guilloche dial, Roman numerals, no lume and illegible bezel markings.

Keep em apart.
My eyes!

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
Mechanical watches can't magnetise each other. The only risk in stacking automatic watches is as you say - scratching the case.
Wait. Who STACKS watches? I've never even heard of that outside of toy party watches you got when you were a kid. The kind that you got a the 25 cent machines or dollar store. And even then they'd fall off each other the second you walked away.

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Reactions: Donf

·
Registered
5,199 Posts
Easy Geoff.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Oddly enough I was warned of this as a child. I suspect it's an urban myth though, otherwise how would they reproduce?
When a mommy watch and a daddy watch love each other VERY much...

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Every once in a while you open a thread and think it's going to be your usual, nice to a newbie, solid if simple info, type of thread. You almost close it but for some reason you keep reading and start to realize we have a potential "Thread of the Month" winner here. I'll be back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts