WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Is there any truth to an Omega price rise come December?
Would this be applicable to a specific region, or across the board?

I guess occasional price rises are inevitable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,147 Posts
I went grocery shopping yesterday, everything was 10-25 cents more than Two weeks ago for the same items. Looks to me like everything including Omega Watches will increase in price. Vance.

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
Everything is more expensive now. Until gas production and prices get under control, shipping is costing more than any time in history. We are going to eat the cost of this.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Everything is more expensive now. Until gas production and prices get under control, shipping is costing more than any time in history. We are going to eat the cost of this.
We are going to eat the cost BUT when shipping costs do go down I would be surprised to see consumer prices drop

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
This is one time that they need to be careful. Omega prices have risen considerably over the last 5 years or so, but in general, other prices haven't. Now that all other prices are rising across the board, people are going to have less disposable income because wages are not rising (unless you are a HGV driver). A new Omega is not going to look such an attractive purchase.They could be shooting themselves in the foot.

Reactions: Joe90

·
Registered
229 Posts
This is one time that they need to be careful. Omega prices have risen considerably over the last 5 years or so, but in general, other prices haven't. Now that all other prices are rising across the board, people are going to have less disposable income because wages are not rising (unless you are a HGV driver). A new Omega is not going to look such an attractive purchase.They could be shooting themselves in the foot.
We’ll see HGV drivers wearing Omegas

P.S. For anyone that doesn’t understand, this is a joke specific to post-Brexit, mid-Covid Britain

·
Premium Member
39,756 Posts
Hope not, but it would not surprise me........

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
We are going to eat the cost BUT when shipping costs do go down I would be surprised to see consumer prices drop
I don't think we will see a drop on the msrp....correct, but I think we may see a correction at the AD level.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Everything is more expensive today than it was a month ago. If you are not aware of what's going in global logistics and party supply, please google it. Container shipments are scarce and parts are becoming very difficult to source. Everyone wants to charge a premium for everything and that includes soap scum.
I am suprised this one didn't come sooner.
Yet to be confirmed but will not be suprised at all. I am sure grays are jumping up and down, all of a sudden their used/LNIB inventory is worth more.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Paying more for necessities will leave considerably less money available for luxury items. The wages are not going up as much. Even though the prices are up, benefits gone, the workers are quitting jobs in droves. Go figure.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The price increases in the last 3 y in UK are RIDICULOUS. price of SMPc has gone up from like 3600 to 4450. It’s still quite good value but there has to be a slow down IMHO.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Anecdotally, I know some ADs are not offering the same discounts they were offering a year ago. Not sure if this is a "price rise" or just tightening of sales practices.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Anecdotally, I know some ADs are not offering the same discounts they were offering a year ago. Not sure if this is a "price rise" or just tightening of sales practices.
...or higher MSRP's so the discounted price ends up back where they wanted them.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts