WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
Dial Side as requested. Bought this watch yesterday. I did like the design and always was after one like that.

View attachment 6649170
A classic design that was in use for quite a few years. The pentagon stamp on the movement means it could possibly be from the early '60s (can't make out the date on the passport) which would make it a rare one, in that condition.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Nice watch :-!

If I am not mistaken, the Passport is indeed also valid as certificate of warranty: on the other side (not shown on the photo) there should be the list of conditions.

On the far left side of your passport the paper seems to show sign of a tear: that's where the "Ticket n°1" was supposed to be.
If I understand it right it had to be taken away in case of a warranty repair, proving that your watch when new had undergone some kind of intervention.

Here are the pictures of a (presumably) complete certificate of mine, so you can compare:

·
Registered
10,752 Posts
Nice watch :-!

If I am not mistaken, the Passport is indeed also valid as certificate of warranty: on the other side (not shown on the photo) there should be the list of conditions.

On the far left side of your passport the paper seems to show sign of a tear: that's where the "Ticket n°1" was supposed to be.
If I understand it right it had to be taken away in case of a warranty repair, proving that your watch when new had undergone some kind of intervention.

Here are the pictures of a (presumably) complete certificate of mine, so you can compare:

Thanks for that insight, comrade.

I don't remember the subject of warranties for vintage soviet watches being discussed during my time on the forum so I made an assumption based on ignorance and a regrettable lack of Russian language skills.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was browsing the forum to see if I can find the same watch that I have and found this post. I have the exact same one.

I was happy to read the comments that said this was a rare watch. What makes it rare? That it was made back in 1960 approximately, based on the engraving? Or that the one above has the original paperwork to go with it?

Also, could these get pretty valuable over time or are we talking many many years before that happens?

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts