WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there,

What are the best watch models that have a moon-phase movement? I would appreciate some guidelines...

Thank you

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
There is the 31679 (chrono and moon phase) and the less common 310579 (non chrono,subsecond moon phase). I have a Buran moonphase that's on the higher end of pricing but it is very well made. Runs about +1/2 seconds a day and fit and finish is perfect.

One big downside is that there is no quick change for the moonphase which means its unbelievably tedious to set and frankly I don't bother anymore. I let my watches wind down between wears and I don't mind the lack of quick change date on Russian watches but you have to go round and round and round until the moonphase is set, then back and forth between 10 and 2 or so to advance the date and then set the time. :-x It doesn't sound all that bad on paper but in practice its quite time consuming.

Those are the only Russian moon phase movements I know of but maybe there's others.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I got mine from vostok-watches.com but its not the basilika style, they have some others though. I think poljot24.de has some too. Both are in Germany.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts