WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
I have recently rescued a couple of Elektronikas under the Sekonda brand that had been deemed dead. However, I managed to revive them and have teamed them up with a couple of Electronika/Sekonda I already had.

Sekonda Elektronika 5-202 green and blue.

Sekonda Elektronika 5-202 Green (4).JPG Sekonda Elektronika 5-202 Green (3).JPG
Sekonda Elektronika 5-202 Blue (1).JPG Sekonda Elektronika 5-202 Blue (2).JPG

Next a couple of B6-02 again green and blue.
Ekektronika B6-02.JPG Sekonda Elektronika B6-02 Blue (1).JPG

Group shot
Elektronika 1970s.JPG

And I disassembled a 5-202 unit into its constituent parts. They are quite simple and the parts just fit together and are held between the top metal plate and the plastic module holder. Notice the resonator unit and the LCD screen are both marked with the date. The watches above all date from the late 1970s.

Elektronika 5-202 movement as removed from the watchcase. The "dial" plate i.e. the coloured plate with brand markings just clips over the movement.
Elektronika 5-202 Disassembly (1).JPG
The metal top plate is is held in place by 4 long screws which effectively clamp the movement parts between the top plate and the lower white plastic battery holder.
Elektronika 5-202 Disassembly (3).JPG
With the top plate removed, the LCD screen just lifts out. Along the screens edge you will see a series of "dots" these fit with corresponding connector points on the top and bottom "segements". Notice the date stamp on the back of the screen.
Elektronika 5-202 Disassembly (4).JPG
The circuit board and "segments" lift out of the white battery holder. The segments lift off the circuit board. Notice the resonator unit (the metal box on the front of the circuit board) is also date stamped.
Elektronika 5-202 Disassembly (6).JPG
The constituent parts of the 5-202.
Elektronika 5-202 Disassembly (5).JPG
Schematic diagram of the movement from the Definitive Book of Watch Repair.
elektronika-b6-202-expanded-diagram.jpg

Sekondtime

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Re: Elektronika 5-204 (calibre 30351), first revision.

Very informative thread, but I am overhelmed by the number of variants of Elektronikas available: what is the difference between the 52 and the 53? Or between the 65 and the 77?

Do all the models have a chromed or TiN brass case? Have they made any with SS? While for instance Elektronika 1 and 2 are well documented, for more recent models everything gets confused.

·
Registered
110 Posts

Very informative thread, but I am overhelmed by the number of variants of Elektronikas available: what is the difference between the 52 and the 53? Or between the 65 and the 77?
Main difference in functions -- for example, 52 has an alarm, 53 has calendar, 55 has many functions, but has small digits on LCD. 77 is an analogue of "Montana" chineese watches with melodies.
Do all the models have a chromed or TiN brass case? Have they made any with SS?
All are made from plated brass, except a few very rare models from the middle of 1970s.
While for instance Elektronika 1 and 2 are well documented, for more recent models everything gets confused.
Information about practically all models of soviet/belarus Electronika you can find here:
?????????: ???? "???????????"
Unfortunatelly, only in russian, but i think all is understandable with translator :)

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
I have recently rescued a couple of Elektronikas under the Sekonda brand that had been deemed dead. However, I managed to revive them and have teamed them up with a couple of Electronika/Sekonda I already had.

Sekondtime
How do you revive an electronic watch? Unless it's something obvious like a broken solder connection how do you fix it?

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,329 Posts

Main difference in functions -- for example, 52 has an alarm, 53 has calendar, 55 has many functions, but has small digits on LCD. 77 is an analogue of "Montana" chineese watches with melodies.
My understanding is that the 77A is a simplified version of the 55B Melodiya.

Soviet Digital Electronics Museum -- Melody 55b electronic watch -- Ìåëîäèÿ 55Á -- Êîëëåêöèÿ ñîâåòñêîé öèôðîâîé ýëåêòðîíèêè

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Thanks everybody, in the end I chose this Elektronika 5:

I got attracted by the two sprinters that seem unusual, the module is 207M (I ignore the difference between the 207 and the 207M), I see the crystal is worn out but I have no idea if it can be replaced.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
cuthbert,
it is quite rare model of Elektronika 5. Congratulations! Crystal can be replaced. This should not be a big problem.

On the photos below, three instances of this model from my collection. ;-)

View attachment 9097738

View attachment 9097746

View attachment 9097754

View attachment 9097762

View attachment 9097770

View attachment 9097778
Thanks White Lion, it appears you have all the Elektronikas ever produced...what's rare in this model?

And how can I replace the crystal? Is it separated from the bezel?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
cuthbert,
this model is rare because it is was produced not long time. And the amount of produced instances was not very big.

Yes, the crystal can be separated from the case (see photo).

04.jpg

·
18,329 Posts
Removing the crystal and installing a replacement should not be difficult, however finding a replacement would be more of a challenge as the dial markings are painted on the back of the crystal so each model is unique even if the size is standard.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Very rare Elektronika 5-29366 with a similar external design.

The functions:
- Regular timekeeping (hours, minutes, seconds, date, day of the week).
- Calendar (date, day of the week, number of the month).
- Fast setting of indications.
- Automatic switching summer / winter time.
- Digital adjustment of accuracy.
- Lithium battery (CR 2016).

Img_3150-1.jpg

Img_3211-1.jpg

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't know if someone is still reading this topic, but what is the appropriate battery specification for an Elektronika 1?
I'm about to receive one that was advertised as untested, and wanna make sure I'll test it with the right kind of batteries. Thanks in advance for your help!

·
18,329 Posts
I don't know if someone is still reading this topic, but what is the appropriate battery specification for an Elektronika 1?
I'm about to receive one that was advertised as untested, and wanna make sure I'll test it with the right kind of batteries. Thanks in advance for your help!
You might want to wait for an answer from a real expert, but I think you will need a pair of European 301 or 386, or Japanese SR43SW. Alkaline AG12 will fit but will drain fast.

·
Registered
10,748 Posts
Here's what's in mine which seems to be working fine. You can google Hitachi LR44 to get some general information: https://www.amazon.com/Maxell-LR44-Alkaline-Battery-2-Pack/dp/B000I5VJF2

Capture.JPG

21 - 40 of 83 Posts