WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Jbro3

I’ve had this beaut sitting around for a good while, but I have never worn it. Just can’t seem to leave the house with it on, so big and flashy! Thoughts?
Sell it? I love my Elektronika and Sekonda B6-02s. They are not that flashy and their modest size makes them far less flashy than many huge modern watches.

Ekektronika B6-02.JPG Sekonda Elektronika B6-02 Blue (1).JPG

Sekondtime

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I installed some fresh batteries last week.

I also ordered LR44 batteries for my Elektronika 1 module b6-03. But out of the 3 watches only 1 came alive, 1 very very faint and one not at all.
I think I may need SR44SW because of the slightly higher voltage. Anyone have any thoughts on that?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Jbro3

I’ve had this beaut sitting around for a good while, but I have never worn it. Just can’t seem to leave the house with it on, so big and flashy! Thoughts?
Sell it? I love my Elektronika and Sekonda B6-02s. They are not that flashy and their modest size makes them far less flashy than many huge modern watches.

View attachment 13843473 View attachment 13843479

Sekondtime
I think I will. I’m not sure if it’s the polished case, but maybe I just haven’t found the right outfit/occasion for it!
Totally agree about modern watches.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
You don't think the 1.5 vs 1.55 Volt makes a difference?
If I recall correctly all 3 were working when I took out old batteries.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
sq100,
this difference does not matter. This watch works and with a lower battery voltage. Only the display becomes dimmer.

In addition, if you take a multimeter and measure the actual values of the voltage of the batteries, you will see that the inscriptions on the package and the measured values are not at all the same thing.

I do not dissuade you from buying silver-oxide batteries. They are in any case better than alkaline (although much more expensive). I just want to repeat, that need to make diagnostics of your non-working watches and must try to determine the reason for which these watches are not working now. But this is definitely not related to the difference of 1.5 vs 1.55 V. By any good and fresh batteries (alkaline or silver-oxide) this voltage is always greater than these values.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
You don't think the 1.5 vs 1.55 Volt makes a difference?
If I recall correctly all 3 were working when I took out old batteries.
I have had a similar experience with Elektronika when changing batteries. I removed the batteries and checked the contacts and made sure everything was as it should be. Sometimes poor fitting of the case back can cause an issue. Eventually, the watch sprang back to life but to this day, I do not know what caused it to lose power.

I would agree with WhiteLion regarding batteries and voltage.

Incidentally WhiteLion, what are the usual causes of a blank or feint LCD screen?

Sekondtime.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I think that the most critical moments for our old digital or analogic quartz watches in when we change the batteries... I dont know why but they can work or not...

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Incidentally WhiteLion, what are the usual causes of a blank or feint LCD screen?
There are several reasons for this. I can't answer that easily. Each individual case must be considered separately. But the reasons themselves are not so much. These are power, dirt on the PCB, faulty quartz, faulty capasitors, a faulty IC, etc.

I think that the most critical moments for our old digital or analogic quartz watches in when we change the batteries... I dont know why but they can work or not...
Quite often this is due to the fact that the batteries are not replaced on time.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I installed some fresh batteries last week.

I also ordered LR44 batteries for my Elektronika 1 module b6-03. But out of the 3 watches only 1 came alive, 1 very very faint and one not at all.
I think I may need SR44SW because of the slightly higher voltage. Anyone have any thoughts on that?
One week after changing batteries and setting time. The one on the right is 2 seconds off.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
There are several reasons for this. I can't answer that easily. Each individual case must be considered separately. But the reasons themselves are not so much. These are power, dirt on the PCB, faulty quartz, faulty capasitors, a faulty IC, etc.

Quite often this is due to the fact that the batteries are not replaced on time.
Thanks. It can be hard to change batteries on time when you have hundreds of quartz watches to monitor! But I do try!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi all,

I've just received two Elektronika 5's. Love them both, but the 53V has a strap that seems "unique". It is a slide on strap, but is sized for a giant. Even on the smaller band hole, it is huge. Anyone know if it is possible to get a strap to fit the push on fitting or I am doomed to have to move it on. Would be a shame as lovely condition.

Pleased the other is a standard fitting!

Anyway, here they are, and a shot of the sizing issue!
IMG_2275.jpg IMG_2276.jpg IMG_2273b.jpg

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
I have seen this sort of fitting before but usually on watches with metal straps (not Russian). I can't say that I have seen replacement straps with such a fitting though. The only thing you could do is make a band hole in the strap in the correct location for the size you need. You would have to take some care doing this as older plastic straps can become a bit brittle and crack.

You have what some collectors call "noodle wrist". Belorussians must have larger wrists!

Sekondtime

61 - 80 of 83 Posts