WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 340 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I decided to create a thread which will be dedicated to Russian quartz watches and calibers. I think what here will be convenient to show photos of their watches and to discuss the work of theirs mechanisms.

I'll start with the first Russian quartz caliber with step motor - 3050. It was developed in the second half of the 70s.

The watch with this caliber have the following functions and features:
- Regular timekeeping.
- Central second hand with a very special and interesting character of the motion.
- Quartz mechanism with unique ALL IN ONE stepper motor (without external coil).
This motor combines the rotor, magnet system with 16 miniature magnets and 4 small coils connected in series.
- Dual Day/Date calendar of instant action.
- 8 ruby jewels.
- Battery - AG13.

With this caliber in USSR were produced different watches: Poljot, Raketa, Slava, Chaika...

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
Re: Chaika & Raketa 3050.

Nice assortment.

How do you repair a quartz watch? Are there only certain types of failures that can be repaired?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

watch22,
I have long been am engaged in the repair of digital and analog electronic (quartz) watches. I can say that it is possible to repair almost any watch. Sometimes without replacement parts, sometimes you need to replace parts. In general, almost all the same as that in the repair of usual mechanical watches. Only is added an electronic unit, which can have its malfunctions. But nothing is impossible. :)

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,197 Posts

Wasn't the Luch 3045 first in the early-1970s? I could definitely be wrong about that...
3045 was a transistorised electromechanical movement but without quartz regulation.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

I made a change in my first post. I wrote about first Russian quartz caliber with step motor. But 3055 is certainly also a quartz caliber. But with a completely different principle of work. ;-)

The watches with caliber 3050 (stepping motor) and 3055 (balance) produced about the same time, in the late 70's - early 80's. With 3050 - Poljot, Raketa, Slava, Chaika, with 3055 - Luch only. So I can not say exactly which of these calibers began produced earlier.

·
Registered
10,748 Posts

What about the leds? I have the one pictured below but know very little about it. It appears that it was the second led design to be produced and was produced unchanged (outside) into the early 90s. Mine is one of the later ones because the "can" (which was dated I believe) was eliminated through "modernization".

Is there any way to date these? Movement 2651? Logo?

You have to be fast to photograph the time display. In good working condition so far. Has 24 hour time display which switches to seconds if you hold the button down and calendar on the other button.

e18.jpg

e14.jpg

E19.jpg

E111.jpg

e13.jpg

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)

schnurrp,
congratulations. Your copy is in excellent condition. :)

This is Elektronika 1. This model was issued on the Pulsar plant in Moscow. Produced for a long time. I have seen specimens that were released in late 1991. Also, there were several variants of appearance.
Your instance is released in March 1989 and has a later revision of the PCB. In addition to the module 2651 was module 3051 with a similar board. The diameter of the plastic holder was more.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

I think maybe for Russian digital watches Elektronika start another thread? Because in this thread will eventually be much confusion. In this case we will have two separate threads of Russian quartz watch - with analogue display and digital display.

What do you think?

·
Registered
10,748 Posts

schnurrp,
congratulations. Your copy is in excellent condition. :)

This is Elektronika 1. This model was issued on the Pulsar plant in Moscow. Produced for a long time. I have seen specimens that were released in late 1991. Also, there were several variants of appearance.
Your instance is released in March 1989 and has a later revision of the PCB. In addition to the module 2651 was modlule 3051 with a similar board. The diameter of the plastic holder was more.
Thank you for that information, Whitelion. So the numbers at the bottom of the battery-side movement picture, 8903, is the date of manufacture?

You have quite a collection of quartz watches and knowledge to go with it. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

schnurrp,
you are right, the numbers at the bottom of the battery-side movement picture, 8903, is the date of manufacture. ;-)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I still decided to change the title of the thread. Let in this thread will be presented only quartz watch and calibers with analog display. ;-)

In addition to this thread, I created this thread about digital watches Elektronika.
Welcome, friends! :)

1 - 20 of 340 Posts