WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

301 - 320 of 340 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Lovely watches, Sergey!

I have some impression (I may not be right) that Soviet quartz watches are less common than mechanical ones, maybe because of later and not so mass production?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #303
SunnyOrange,
many thanks.

Yes, you are right. I think this is due to the fact that the history of Soviet mechanical watches began in the 30s of the last century. And the history of Soviet quartz watches began in the middle, second half of the 70s. ;-)

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #304
Bengt,
I am very glad that you finally received the package. I am very glad that the watch arrived at you safe and sound. And I'm very glad that you like them. ;-)

Full synchronization of all watches is very impressive. Plus great emotional photos! Well done! :)

Best regards,
Sergey.

·
Registered
887 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,370 Posts
DSC01385.JPG

I have many mechanical hand wind Russian watches. This Luch is my only Russian quartz. I bought it almost 20 years ago and only wore it occasionally. I don't know what movement it has or anything else about its' inner workings. It takes a Duracell 371 battery. I just recently installed a new battery and it works great. I really do like this watch.
Joe

Reactions: -WhiteLion-

·
Registered
798 Posts
I've had a Luch 3055 on my wishlist for a while, but I'm not sure how practical it is for every day use. Is the movement too fragile?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #310
cottontop,
thanks for sharing. This is a good, reliable Luch with 2356 inside. ;-)

vintorez,
3055 is a normal mechanism. Of great importance here is whether it was properly serviced. I am sure that for so many years any instance can have a whole set of different sores. Therefore, the most important issue is repair and maintenance.

Unfortunately, I do not wear 3055. I only repair / restore them. But about daily use, you can ask question Watchdog64. I know that he wears his 3055.

·
Premium Member
3,370 Posts
WhiteLion, thanks so much for the info.
Joe

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #313
One more Slava 3056A after repair / restore. ;-)

I don’t remember if I wrote about it, but this watch uses a modernized (compared to 3056) quartz movement with an external coil. Reduced power consumption (battery life is 2 years). Implemented power-safe mode. In addition to this 7 ruby jewels and beautiful black two-level dial. :)

Img 068 +.jpg

Img 058 +.jpg

Img 056.jpg

Img 077 +.jpg

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
In this watch is installed more rare and interesting circuit board. It with function of the resetting of seconds. This means, that when you move crown in normal position, the watch starts count the time exactly in one second.

View attachment 9533074
Can I ask someone who knows-- How do you take the crown out of this movement?

I got a 1989 "Seasick Summit" commemorative watch. It works great, but the case is very dirty and needs cleaning. I gotta take out the movement but can't figure out how to remove the crown.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
Seasick? Really? This bet the translation is not accurate😄. Can you post a photo of the watch?
It was the Malta summit, and it got the nickname "Seasick Summit"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malta_Summit

The watch is here..

I still need to get the crown & stem out. Any ideas???

View attachment 14581715

View attachment 14581717
Interesting. Never new that nickname. Wait for WhileLion to opine. My guess is you need to lift up the spring that overlaps the stem. But this is just a guess based on the photo. Wait for someone to opine who knows for sure.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Ok I figured it out...

With the crown in, you put a pin, or one end of a tweezers, thru this hole and slide the metal lever the direction the toothpick is pointing.

Slava Quartz-crown.JPG

Courtesy of about half a dozen Russian watch forum translations, reading in between the lines and seeing another 6 photos.

301 - 320 of 340 Posts