WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,495 Posts
---SORRY ROB Writing on Michael's Post---- New Photos appear on this thread starting with Post 11-----

I just talked with Rob and Russ has his appointment with Ball on Saturday so we should start seeing things from him after this. Stay tuned.:think:

· Registered
1,662 Posts
Thanks for the coverage...

...I'll be looking forward to it and wishing for smaller watches. :-d

11,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Thanks for the coverage...

"Thanks guys, I wish bigger watches."
"I'll be looking forward to it and wishing for smaller watches."
"I think the sizes are just right!"

....love the consistency here. haha
Based on the forum poll 40-46mm is the forum sweet spot for Ball watches. So all would be correct. Hows that for PC?

· Registered
1,430 Posts
Re: Thanks for the coverage...

...I'll be looking forward to it and wishing for smaller watches. :-d
Take comfort in the fact that eventually GOOD taste prevails....large watches will follow the path of Nehru jackets, Members Only jackets, platform shoes, Nik Nik shirts, disco and, (hopefully) looking forward, pants worn below the buttocks, caps worn sideways and rap music.

· Registered
2,776 Posts
Take comfort in the fact that eventually GOOD taste prevails....large watches will follow the path of Nehru jackets, Members Only jackets, platform shoes, Nik Nik shirts, disco and, (hopefully) looking forward, pants worn below the buttocks, caps worn sideways and rap music.
Aye aye!

Clothing style is cyclical but good taste items like watches, suits, cigars, and wine are forever :).

· Registered
3,128 Posts
Ummm :roll:... I'm 6.2, to me the 43mm is like a 40mm so 40mm is like for girls they wear that size now... and i don't follow the path...:-d

So for me SIZE matters ;-)

· Vendor
19,717 Posts
Photos of 2011 Hydrocarbon Prototypes.

Unfortunately Russ was asleep by the time I was able to start working on the photos from his Basel visit. Jeff Hess said we are allowed to liberally share the candid (and not very high quality) photos we took as long as we clearly state that these watches are in the prototype phase and have unfinished components, and may alter somewhat in appearance.
Often times watches in prototype phases will have unfinished components, and details will change. So with all this having been said, here are the pictures!

1. Engineer Hydrocarbon Chronometer Ceramic Bezel
First up is the external Ceramic bezel Engineer Master II hydrocarbon Chronometer.
This new hydrocarbon meets one of the most common requests we've had. A Dive watch with a traditional external bezel. This watch is a certified chronometer and features a ceramic bezel. This watch is a 40mm that is built on the chasis of the Magnate GMT. That watch is also around 14mm thick as opposed to the Spacemaster which is around 16.9mm thick. Apparently this model showcases a new material of superluminova on the bezel that retains light better and the luminescence is much brighter than earlier Ball hydrocarbon watches.

Compare the above shot to the Magnate C.O.S.C. (shot under better conditions) and you will see a similar thickness.

Here is a case shot comparing the similar Magnate (left) to the Spacemaster. For those who have liked the spacemaster, but thought it was a little too big (42) and too thick 16.9 this watch could be a welcome alternative.

The White dial featured a greyish ceramic bezel.

The black light shows off how the bezel is more reactive than previous generations.....

2. Engineer Hydrocarbon Deep Quest 3000m

It will be interesting to see the exact MM size but Russ estimated it around 45-46mm. It was bigger than the existing Spacemaster's and we are working on getting exact MM size. Looking forward, it will also be interesting to see if this becomes the first Hydrocarbon to not have a crown guard, or if it will exist in the final version. Due to the way it is constructed, it looks like this will be a go forward piece of the watch, as the crown protectors are an integrated part of a single piece case.

Where as with the first new hydrocarbon we could quickly see how similar the chassis was to the Magnate, this watch has very little in common with the way the similarly sized Orbital is constructed. (see pictures of the Orbital Below) While the size may be similar, we are told the method of construction of this piece features monocoque construction. This watch appears to be made of one sold piece and doesn't have a case-back.

Watch 3. Hydrocarbon Chronograph Chronometer with Tachymetre Bezel

We've been looking at this picture for a while now. Here are the real life photos that go with it. Details, TBD.

These photos didn't come out very well, but these pieces were shown, and there is a black and a white dial. ( I think they deserve to be introduced with a better introductory photo than I have available, but I did want to confirm this watch was shown.

Ok. Thanks for reading..... More collections tomorrow!

11,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
OK, I really like the 3000 diver (The black dial not the Gray with the numerals). I like the new applied marker look of all three of the new dials and the doubling up of tubes on the hands. The ceramic bezel with the monoblock case is very high end. The 3000 sculptured hands are fantastic. Only thing I would change is the red second hand and that would be to make the color match the other hands (polised or brushed to match). Some will miss the crown lock but this provides plenty of protection of the massive crown. I see they used the torx screws on the bracelet and bezel like the Orbital. Wonder if they did anything on the clasp to allow micro-adjust. I'm guessing the other side of the Case is a HEV valve. Hope there is some sculpturing on the dial. I see the T designation on the dial with big markers and hands, should be sweet. I think this just went to the front of my next watch line. Please oh please be a April/May release! Glad to see a few real divers here and great clean designs.

Looking for the big Night Train pictures. I've heard it is there.

· Registered
104 Posts
Hope rob does not mind me posting this but below is from Ball FB

Engineer Hydrocarbon Ceramic XV

From Baselworld 2011, BALL Watch Company is proud to unveil to all its facebook fans the Engineer Hydrocarbon Ceramic XV, an astonishing timepiece that displays a perfect calibration of time within an environment that blends esthetic design and sophisticated technology.

BALL latest timepiece is designed to master extreme situations of any kind. Rugged and reliable, the new EH Ceramic XV is a merge of power, innovation, aesthetic elegance and shows the continuous developments BALL Watch Company carries out in materials, functions and design.

To start, on the dial finely honed, details show the complexity of workmanship that has gone into every element of this timepiece. The grooved hour track is complemented by elegantly faceted steel hour markers and a "réhaut" displays the minutes. First worldwide and under BALL patent, the metallic Arabic and hour indexes are completed with the 3H Swiss technology. BALL self powered micro gas tubes give an outstanding legibility, even in the absolute darkness. Each of the 31 gas tubes have been manually set by expert hands.

With his ergonomically redesigned case of 42mm for a slimmer height of 13.25mm, the Engineer Hydrocarbon Ceramic XV now provides improved supreme comfort of wearing. The combination of polished and brushed stainless steel gives to the watch, in all its understated beauty, a very elegant touch.

Also new for BALL Watch, the extremely hard pure ceramic unidirectional bezel which gives to this model exceptional anti-corrosive properties. The black-chrome ceramic remains unaffected by ultraviolet rays and is virtually scratchproof. The result is a new level of quality appearance and durability for the bezel. Further, and again first worldwide on a ceramic bezel, the graduation from 0 to 14, along with the digits 15, 30 and 45, have all a powerful luminescent paint treatment emitting a blue glow.

The crowning technical touch in this watch is its chronometer-certified ETA 2892 movement, with date calendar, delivering extreme precision. The watch is water-resistant up to 333 meters, shock resistant and even magnetic fields up to 4,800 A/m leave the mechanism unmoved.

As final tribute, the case back features an engraved representation of Jim Whittaker, first American to summit Mount Everest. This model has as well inherited the number "XV", from the first name the Great Trigonometric Survey of British India gave to the Everest in 1856 , then known as Peak XV.

· Registered
1,338 Posts
That Ceramic XV looks fantastic (at least in the black-dialed version). 42mm and 13.25mm tall is a great size, too. It would be interesting to see the black dial with the gray bezel.

· Vendor
19,717 Posts
Fireman Victory & Pictures of a few similar models

On another forum, refrequent contributor roberev posted these shots of the Fireman Victory.

These models were shown at the show but the pictures didn't come out very well, and the above pictures really accurately show what the watch will be like.

But what hasn't been shown yet, is a similar Day-Date COSC watch that was at the show. Pardon the image quality!

And a COSC GMT version.

This watch features longer tritium tubes that are integrated into the elongated markers, as opposed to the smaller "dot" style markers. For comparison (and in much higher resolution is the Engineer II Ohio C.O.S.C. which is the most similar model.

As to you hoping for a new DLC watch, I thought I was going to have a photo of a long rumored watch that was presented. More info on DLC watches to follow!

While I don't have a photo to share of this certain rumored DLC watch, The DLC Stormchaser II was presented at the show, and below is picture of the black dial with the band that is planned for the U.S. market. When it's in stock, hopefully this will be any day, we will do a comprehensive shoot under proper lighting.

Thanks for reading.... We will try and get tentative pricing for your planning and for pre-orders over the next few days.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.