WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Edit: Hmm. It seems the well-known chinese web site I'm referring to is being obfuscated. No prizes for guessing...

Yesterday, on a whim, I made the mistake of trying to buy a watch from .........s. I signed up, was automatically given some money-off coupons, and placed an order for a watch. Paid with Paypal.

As soon as I came back from the Paypal site, I was presented with the message that the order was "closed":

We regret to inform you that the recent use of coupon(s) in your order has been identified as being in violation of the guidelines outlined in our General Rules for Coupon Use. (http://activities..........s.com/adcms/help-.........s-com/coupon_usage.php) Your order will be cancelled, and any payments you have made (excluding any fees or charges which you have made to third parties) will be returned to your account.
This was confusing, as the coupon ($2) was automatically applied. Also, I wasn't sure what "Closed" meant. Closed complete? Closed ordered? Closed nothing's going to happen. It seems the latter. Ah well, I guess I'm not getting the watch. It seems also, though, that I'm not getting my money back. The transaction is complete and paid in Paypal, and no refund.

I spent about forty-five minutes last night on chat with .........s, but I was just given round-robin, conflicting non-answers that went nowhere. Oh well, fortunately it was a nominal sum, and I've already started a dispute with Paypal. I'll have to wait for a week before making a claim though.

It's a shame. Some of the cheap watches on there looked interesting, but I won't be trying that again!

·
Premium Member
7,745 Posts
What's "....."? Is this another one of those cut & paste libel threads by a new member against Creation Watches but you forgot to paste on the name?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
$2?

25 seconds of my life I will never get back.
Ah, but if you had taken maybe thirty seconds, you may have seen that it's not the $2 coupon I lost. It's the price of the whole order.

(Easy version: I paid for a watch, and will not be getting said watch, nor my money back.)

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Ah, but if you had taken maybe thirty seconds, you may have seen that it's not the $2 coupon I lost. It's the price of the whole order.

(Easy version: I paid for a watch, and will not be getting said watch, nor my money back.)
Fair enough!

That sucks.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just an update on this. The good news: It took a month, but I got my money back though a Paypal dispute/claim.

The bad news: In the meantime, I ordered and paid for an Alpha Explorer from their main site. That was ten days ago… nada. No shipping notification. I tried contacting them two days ago… nada. Here we go again! Back to Paypal to file another dispute. I promise I have learned this time. I shall never try to order anything from China again! I promise!

·
Registered
36,322 Posts
Just an update on this. The good news: It took a month, but I got my money back though a Paypal dispute/claim.

The bad news: In the meantime, I ordered and paid for an Alpha Explorer from their main site. That was ten days ago… nada. No shipping notification. I tried contacting them two days ago… nada. Here we go again! Back to Paypal to file another dispute. I promise I have learned this time. I shall never try to order anything from China again! I promise!
Patience my dear.....they may have to find one or build it. Sometimes China operates on mañana schedule.

Keep up hope, cross your fingers and Keep us updated,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts