WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday we had someone enter our house threw the back door(kids never remember to lock it) and my wife lost some very nice jewelery and I lost my Breitling Seawolf Avenger and my Kremke Subzilla #005.:-( Sadly these were my favorites and I had them on my night stand and not put away in the safe. I guess I can only live and learn from this one. Hope the kids learn from this.:-s I am just moving from the sense of suprise and shock to one lf being angry.:-| Well, hopefully they will turn up. Our home owners insurance will cover $1200 for the lost watches. I need to look at insuring my remaining watches. o|

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Dang that sucks. It's only watches they can be replaced, I'm glad your family is ok.

I'll keep my eyes open on fleebay...

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Very sorry to hear that. One of my biggest fears and as a cop have seen it happen to others. I try to keep my watches hidden and in two separate locations. It's early so maybe you haven't seen the last of them. I hope,

·
Registered
804 Posts
and my wife lost some very nice jewelery and I lost my Breitling Seawolf Avenger and my Kremke Subzilla #005.:-(
:-| Thats terrible Mark! Sorry to hear. :-( As long as your family was not hurt - I guess everything else is replacable (even though it hurts to lose). Hope they catch the guys and get your belongings back.......

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
Very sorry to hear this. Same happened to me years ago though i lost only one watch and other unimportant stuff. Anyway this sucks :-|

good luck getting your stuff back...

·
Registered
483 Posts
The Kremke is a pretty rare watch. Maybe you should canvas the area's local pawn shops and let them know it was stolen. Also, Craigslist and eBay. Crooks are idiots and have been caught selling through there on numerous occasions.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Man, that sucks dude. It's good to hear that your family is ok however and hopefully your watches and jewelry will turn up. I guess the bright side is you get to spend $1200 on a new watch/watches :-!.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Oh man that is just sickly sad. :-( Crooks :-|
Hope a WIS angel looks good on ya and helps them find their way back to ya. ;-)

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Your Family is safe, that's the main thing.

Totally Sucks about the break-in though, damn it. Two very fine pieces. Sorry you had to go through that. That happened to my family when I was about 14, and I remember how freaked my Mom was and how mad my Dad was.

We had a solid Alarm system put in here at our house, and even if we are just running out for a second, if no one is home...last to leave sets the alarm. I also took out a separate policy for our Jewelry and Watches.

It's unfortunate, but you just can't be too careful these days, or too trusting.

Once you get over the shock...at least you have the Trimix LE incoming, so that gives you something to look forward to.

Sorry that happened to you, hope the wife and kids aren't too shook up. Best wishes.

·
Registered
9,327 Posts
Ah man, sorry to hear about that. I am relieved though no one was hurt in the robbery. I'll certainly be on the lookout for a suspicious sale of SZ #5.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I am very sorry to hear this, and I hope you can find the crooks who did this.
I am glad that your family is safe.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Thank God they didn't get your Kobold or UTS (my personal favorites in your collection)...

But seriously, Caterwaul is right; that Kremke will stick out like a sore thumb on the pawn shop circuit and Craigslist. Keep your eyes open, and who knows, maybe you'll get lucky and catch the bastids.

Of course, as has been said already, all that really matters here is that your family is safe. At the end of the day, these are just things we're talking about here, and things can be replaced.

Regards,
Adam

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Very sorry to hear it Mark ,

Had a similar thing happen to me 10yrs ago ,and lost a bunch of stuff . The only really important thing is that neither you,nor your Family were harmed .

Vic

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Glad that no one was hurt. Thanks to my other hobby I've got a safe and the alarm systems are a fact of life here in Fl. It a sad comment on our culture that security is becoming a necessity. Hope that Local LE catches the Dirt Balls.

Joe

1 - 20 of 31 Posts