WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Nice watch...but the person who wore it...nope...

I wouldn't want to wear something that evil person has worn before. That's JMO

·
Registered
449 Posts
To own someones watch who was cool would be o.k., but to buy a watch from a scumbag like that, nope. I wouldn't wear it for free. Kinda like that Chicago Cubs/Steve Bartman baseball, or any Barry Bonds stuff....blow it up.

·
Registered
117 Posts
It's not the watch's fault it was worn by an *****. Give it a new chance to be appreciated - the watch itself is still a magnificent piece.
A new enthousiastic owner could set things right.

I'm not gonna bid though 'cause I'm 150.000 short.... :think:

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
My personal opinion is that the profit from all these looted items should be put into a fund for all the soldiers injured, and the families of those killed in Iraq. No single person should profit from that stuff<|

Best regards
Andy

·
Registered
62 Posts
My personal opinion is that the profit from all these looted items should be put into a fund for all the soldiers injured, and the families of those killed in Iraq. No single person should profit from that stuff<|

Best regards
Andy
Personally, I think the proceeds of all these items on auction should rather go to all the civilian Iraqi families who lost family member since the invasion, I know this might not be popular. But the Iraqi people suffered a lot more under Saddam, and they are still being killed in the hundreds every week, so I think they need and deserve the money.

Not trying to make myself unpopular by any means though...

Best regards,

Mathis

P.S. in the end I am sure the proceeds will go to some private bank accounts on the Cayman islands or in Switzerland.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Personally, I think the proceeds of all these items on auction should rather go to all the civilian Iraqi families who lost family member since the invasion, I know this might not be popular. But the Iraqi people suffered a lot more under Saddam, and they are still being killed in the hundreds every week, so I think they need and deserve the money.

Not trying to make myself unpopular by any means though...

Best regards,

Mathis

P.S. in the end I am sure the proceeds will go to some private bank accounts on the Cayman islands or in Switzerland.
I support what you are doing and I think it should be the case. But I seriously doubt the money will actually end you in the hands of those that need help.

These items are looted from the palace and there is absolutely no costs for the seller what so ever,well even if there is,how high can it be? 150k? No way.

Though it is stated by the seller that the money will go to the people who need it,it's only 20%.While the rest will end up in his pocket and he will be laughing all the way to the bank. Juz my $0.02

·
Registered
939 Posts
if i had 150k (which i don't) i wouldn't want to buy it ... bad vibes, i guess :-s

anyway, why don't they just sell it back to Rolex and have it donated in a museum of infamity or something ... just a thought :-s

·
Registered
639 Posts
Heinous as an unkempt anus

The thing is hideous even without the baggage of who once owned or wore it.
I hope I never have to gaze upon it.
Even the pics make me want to vomit.

Let us speak of it no more.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think it should go to the Iraqi people or soldiers who were wounded, jmho, btw thanks for the feedback, and yea, Saddam sucks...but thats not the watches fault... but then again...Saddam still sucks LOL!!!

brotherxb-)

look...its a chef LOL!!! (-:=3

1 - 20 of 21 Posts