WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Very nice pics! You must represent the g-shock guys on the next photo contest here in WUS!

Hope to see more of your watches for a pictorial . . . like a Frogman for this pic

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,569 Posts
Hi DJ,

That's a stunning set of photo's. Do you per chance know my friend Korotyan? I think I recognized an area where he takes photo's too. Isn't that monochrome of the sloped alley near a restaurant district?

That Seiko Jeweler looks a bit like the old jewelers you find here in the small towns. It looks like something between a living room and a shop. What is that man filling in that stand with all those Japanese texts?

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
Absolutely amazing stuff, D-san. :-! I wish I were back in Japan right now for the cherry blossoms.

Great photos, thank you so much for posting them.

A+ :-!

·
Registered
37,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Absolutely amazing stuff, D-san. :-! I wish I were back in Japan right now for the cherry blossoms.

Great photos, thank you so much for posting them.

A+ :-!
Glad you liked them, Ben-san...

:thanks

·
Registered
37,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's a stunning set of photo's. Do you per chance know my friend Korotyan? I think I recognized an area where he takes photo's too. Isn't that monochrome of the sloped alley near a restaurant district?
Hmm, I'm not familiar with Koro, but I think I know the area you were referring to. The area where I took those photos is located close to Nippori, famous for its shrines, temples and its old Tokyo-style atmosphere. The area you're thinking of is actually another place which is located in an area called Kagurazuka, near the Imperial Palace. Actually quite an up-market area despite its Kyoto-esque appearance, well-known for having those similar looking backstreets, and yes, quite famous for a few having some nice restaurants, French ones if I'm not mistaken.

That Seiko Jeweler looks a bit like the old jewelers you find here in the small towns. It looks like something between a living room and a shop. What is that man filling in that stand with all those Japanese texts?
Cool little shop, huh? I actually discovered that shop on a backstreet surrounded by a few temples, believe it or not. There are lots of little old watch shops all around this '****a-machi' area. Great place to go watch hunting for vintage Japanese and the occasional Swiss timepieces (sorry no vintage G-Shocks...).

And that old chap there is a sort of pharmacist. I think he was filling a bottle with one of his secret remedies for anti-ageing, or was it an aphrodisiac..? LOL Anyway, his pharmacy is one of the most unique I've seen in this city. Though from what I've heard from the locals, he doesn't get too many customers for some reason...

Anyway, Sjors, when are you coming over to Japan? Needless to say, this time of year is highly recommended....:-!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts