WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello , just want to get a 10 second rant about 2 things on sales postings , on here or other forums , I'm sure you have MANY others .please join in!

1. RARE,SCARCE,HARD TO FIND , LIMITED .... Just because the local Wal-Mart is out of stock on your watch for sale and does'nt expect then in until next Tuesday .. does NOT make your watch RARE !!!

2. I'm sorry sir but a little Polywatch and a CapeCod cloth will NOT make this as good as new
broken-watch-300x199.jpg

Thanks , I feel so much better !!

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Suggestion, do as I do....Never read posts that say Rare,Scarce, Hard to find.....Actually I never read
the FS Forum, but I do try to sell there.

Secret message of the day: look both ways when crossing a street.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Some watches are really rare though. But that doesn't necessarily make every watch expensive, does it. Lol.

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
916 Posts
If it looks like the fist post, i.e., smashed out of a mountain dew lacquered keyboard by a methed-up raccoon, I'm not interested.

No offense OP.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I saw something posted as semi-rare .....what does that even mean?

Reactions: drhr

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I'm not a fan of the phrase "poor man's" blah blah blah. Just keep scrolling.

·
Registered
15,286 Posts
I have a few hard to find watches, I will definitely remember to explain in detail so there's no confusion when I list (and sooner or later, I WILL list), thx for the heads up/reminder . . . .

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I have a rule that IF YOU USE ALL CAPITAL LETTERS IN THE TITLE or

-=*#)DO THIS(#*=- with cutesy little characters to grab my attention as if you're selling a '91 Civic hatchback on Craigslist,

I'll be moving on.
LMFAO...that was funny..

·
Registered
6,462 Posts
If a sales post said "ACTUALLY rare and tricky to find" or "Rare -- no, really, it is" or somesuch, I think that would make me look, and if it were actually a rare item I'd perhaps be a little impressed with the seller for acknowledging how overused the term is.

"Not rare at all but still a good price" would also impress me a little.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts