WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I resently purchased a DW-004 1825 the same model that I worn for 7.5 years but this one has a different color schem. The only other difference is one made in Japan and one in Thailand I also purchased a DW-004 1826 that looks almost the same as my original DW-004 1825. One is a G-lide and one is an X-treme It may be the same as my original DW-004 1825 but I do not remeber the exact color scheme and mine has taken a beating. See pictures below. Is this common for Casio to make exact same model number in different colors and 2 different modle in the exact same color?

Same modle different color. 1825 and 1825

Same color different modle 1826 on left and 1825 on right.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Hello Stan2323,
It's not umcommon from Casio. Actually I recall Sjors posting pictures of two cream coloured g-9000. The only difference was the "200m" markings as opposed to "20bar". One had made in japan stamped on the back, whilst the other was Thailand (or was it Malaysia?:think: ).

I'll try and hunt up a link for you, but to answer your question in short. No it's not unheard of, from Casio. There is usually a difference in markings here and there (as in your case). In some cases (as the dw-8400) a model name may be dropped too (Mudman/Illuminator).

|>

EDIT: link to the photos of the g-9000 duo
http://www.g-peopleland.com/export_whitey_paul.htm

In this case (and I'm thinking for future cases) place of origin will be a moot point. It might be the case of movement from Japan cased in etc...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts