WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at purchasing an automatic watch in the <$500 price range. I'm after something that I can wear casually, and semi-formally, so it would require a bracelet.
Today the Tissot Heritage Visodate Automatic caught my eye, and is the perfect style, but the leather strap, stupid buckle and measly 30m water resistance ticks me off. (Oh, did I mention its price?)
Being new to the universe of watches, I was hoping someone experienced could suggest a watch of a similar style, WITH sapphire, a bracelet; but most importantly one that won't burn a hole in my wallet!
And yes before you ask, I've been roaming the forums for a few weeks now looking at WRUW and other gallery threads searching for options, which is (who would've guessed) how I discovered the tissot.

Thanks in advance for the help everyone! :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It doesn't have to be a tissot, just giving an example of the style that I liked. Something about this one seems slightly less elegant than the visodate heritage; none-the-less, I'll still put it on my list of possibles.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Japan to the rescue!

Seikos entry level SARB watches (033/035) are just over $400 right now, as are Orients entry level Star series. As I have a SARB033 in my watch box and an entry level Orient Star on right now, I would say they at least meet my strict build quality standards.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Dress watches like the heritage visodate generally only have 30 or 50m water resistance since it's assumed you are not going to swim with it.

Roman numerals and textured dial makes it even more difficult to find one with 100 meters or above, especially at lower price levels.

Keep in mind you can always replace a leather strap with an aftermarket bracelet.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
As an oft overlooked small watchmaker that uses SeaGull movements, try perpetual-watch.com. Good quality and very affordable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts