WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I like the classic one.

Good thing Samsung got their heads out of their asses to make this watch compatible with other android phones.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All I know is, from the looks of it, the software is perfectly matched to the hardware. I wonder why it took this long for someone to finally come out with a design that makes use of the bevel for navigation. Makes total sense.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Well, obviously, you couldn’t use a bezel like that on a watch that isn’t round—and a smartwatch engineering team can argue round v. rectangular till the cows come home before the next step of, “Okay, now that we settled on a form factor, now what?”

That said, it does seem like that should’ve been obvious on round watches.

(Now I wonder if that bezel is easier or harder to waterproof than a microphone or speaker.)

·
Registered
testing testing something pizza
24,636 Posts
^^^^ The bezel limits Samsung's smartwatches to staying round, doesn't it? They'd have written the OS to work with a rotating bezel, and changing to (or adding) a rectangular watch would require a new interaction model. Yeah, they've painted themselves into a corner here.

·
Moderator Emeritus
55,433 Posts
Three posts deleted. It seems some guys do not resd our rules & guidelines, i.e. "Members will be kind and courteous, and respectful to other members.....". Cool down though.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I think this smart watch is the perfect watch, well If the software is good. The natural way the bezel works is the coolest thing. Much better than any other smart watch currently out there.

Size is just right, round form factor, great use of the bezel, I am going to pre order and report back. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
I think Samsung is definitely going in the right direction with this. Using the bezel is a great idea. My issue with most smartwatches is their need to be tethered all the time to get the best out of them, but it looks like there will be a 3G/LTE version of this one, although you'll need a data plan of course. I hope smartwatches start getting thinner as well.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I like the standalone function of the S and the size I'm hoping Samsung will release a 55mm or 56mm version at a reasonable price. And share the standalone and speaker function. A mini micro sd slot would be awesome as well.

·
Registered
62 Posts
You have mentioned that Samsung Gear S2 is compatible with Android phones. What about iPhone? I have found that few android wear are working perfectly with iPhone.

·
Registered
875 Posts
The watch looks pleasant, maybe bit too generic. But the issue will be with apps support not being compatible with iPhone. All new Android Wear watches will have these two advantages so Samsung is going to be a tough sell.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The watch looks pleasant, maybe bit too generic. But the issue will be with apps support not being compatible with iPhone. All new Android Wear watches will have these two advantages so Samsung is going to be a tough sell.
I think the problem is Apple. They are locked down and will never allow any Android wear device (as well as Pebble) full access to their ecosystem. Android wear is very limited on iPhones, so I don't see the point. But, I'm sure Samsung may write code and update the software to at least get some functionality on iPhones.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts