WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
haven't been on the forum for several days due to the final conditioning and preparation of the san francisco marathon that took place yesterday. i was wearing my 16760 gmt-ii on the black nato strap to time my race. didn't see any rolex watches in the event (duh!), but i did see another guy wearing his omega po. the official pictures from the race are not out yet, but here are some shots my friend took when i crossed the finish line.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi jeannie,

i usually finished the race (this was my 4th time) around 4 hours. however, i promised to stick w/ a friend who was running the marathon for the first time yesterday. so we clocked in about 5 hours and 50 minutes... barely made it as "official finishers." lol

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
hi jeannie,

i usually finished the race (this was my 4th time) around 4 hours. however, i promised to stick w/ a friend who was running the marathon for the first time yesterday. so we clocked in about 5 hours and 50 minutes... barely made it as "official finishers." lol
I'm totally impressed that anyone can finish one at all!

Jeannie

·
4,410 Posts
Congratulations!

The longest road race I ever ran was a 12k! Now a days, I think I would collapse dead in a heap around the 5 mile point. :-d

+1 for wearing a Rolex. :-! I think I would have worn a Casio 5600 :-(

·
Registered
626 Posts
Good job, I couldn't do it.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Congratulations!

strela, i wore my 16710 coke last year, too. yeah, the rolex does become a bit painful towards the end, but it was worth it. so this year, i wore the 16760 on nato to reduce the weight.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Congrats man. I've done a few myself so I know the hard work thats involved.

Question I'm new to rolex so it can take the jarring, and shocking of running and it wont harm the watch? Thanks

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
kjp17,

if you asked around, you'd get about 50-50 of the people saying, "yes, it's okay to do so" and the other half would tell you, "no, don't do it." after reading and hearing so many stories of the rolex movements, and how "bulletproof" they are, i do not think it'd cause harm to my watch. instead, i think the watch did more damages to my wrist while running such long hours. i wear my automatic watches when i golf as well. after all, it is a tool watch and it's a rolex. of course, these are just my personal opinion. others are more than welcome to share their views on this.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Thanks Roger. I have a pretty active job so its comforting to know that I can wear my sub more often as opposed to just weekends.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts