WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Vendor
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, this is Liao Jiaming. Today I would like to introduce to you the new collocation of our SN0004. Many watch friends said that they are used to Mercedes-Benz needles and want other styles of watch needle collocation. We restored the design of 6204 and changed the hands of the watch to the effect of a pencil needle.

I think we still like to listen to the opinions of watch friends to make changes, but some of the ones that have been made cannot be changed. If you must change, you can only scrap the previous accessories. This is a very high loss. We will not require common accessories to save costs. Almost all of our accessories are made by independent molds.

The production of a watch is divided into more than 20 processing factories to process different accessories. In the end, we assembled the watch ourselves. The production cycle of a watch is estimated to be 3-4 months. Our accessories will basically be produced correspondingly. The more accessories we make, the more troublesome our warehouse management will be. We will ensure that there is no problem with the function and structure of the watch.

Everyone has different visions about the appearance. Before we received comments from everyone, I almost always finished the design by myself. I will try my best to make more people like it, but there will always be a small group of friends with different visions that will dislike it. After communicating with you, I will revise the places that can be revised, but not all opinions will be revised, because of the design process or quantity issues. I hope everyone can understand.

Let’s talk about some recent comments made by customers:
1. SN0004 has changed the master headband. For the wearing effect, I personally think that the convex head or the master headband can be suitable for watch friends with a small wrist circumference. A female colleague of mine has a wrist circumference of 14.5cm (approximately equal to 6. Inch), wearing the convex head grain is very suitable for the wrist (because the longitudinal length of this model is only 46mm, and the lugs are curved downwards), men's wrists are almost larger than this size, so there is no problem from the wearing angle. Of course, because of the style problem, everyone likes the master header more. We can improve it later. Now we plan to make a part of the master head tablets sold separately, and those that are needed can be purchased separately.
2. The problem of through ear holes, the through ear holes should be based on the actual situation of the watch, especially the structure of the curved head grain of the steel belt. The ear holes should be higher than the towing position of the watch case. However, some ear holes after drilling through holes are too high or too low on the case body, which affects the appearance, so these similar ones are not suitable for through ear holes.
3. The material of the chronograph ring and the watch mirror. Some friends suggested the watch mirror made of ceramic ring and acrylic material, saying that this is more retro. To be honest, I prefer to use these, because this time the material cost is lower and the processing is better. However, scratches are prone to appear in the later stage. Retro does not mean scratches. The overall effect is retro. I think the materials and craftsmanship are more high-end according to the modern ones.

SN0004 pencil needles are only sold in our AliExpress store, and no other stores have started selling. If you like him, please go to this shop to buy
237.6US $ 28% OFF|San Martin Diver Watch 38mm 6200 Retro Water Ghost Sapphire Pencil Pointer NH35 Men Automatic Mechanical Watches 20Bar Relojes| | - AliExpress
Watch Analog watch Clock Font Watch accessory
Watch Brown Analog watch Yellow Clock
Brown Watch Analog watch Light Clock
Automotive tire Gold Clock Watch Audio equipment
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Clock Font
Watch Brown Analog watch Product Everyday carry
Watch Brown Analog watch Clock Font
Watch Brown Analog watch Clock Watch accessory

·
Registered
341 Posts
Any chance you could do the 3, 6 and 9 on leather with pencil hands? I already have the original is all, so the more changes the better for me so I don't feel silly for buying the same watch twice 😂

·
Vendor
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any chance you could do the 3, 6 and 9 on leather with pencil hands? I already have the original is all, so the more changes the better for me so I don't feel silly for buying the same watch twice 😂
There is no plan yet. For now, let’s take a look at everyone’s feedback.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Thank you very much for your full, transparent communication, and most of all, THANK YOU FOR LISTENING & CONSIDERING. I understand that the process on your end is more difficult than almost any customer knows. I also understand that no matter how hard one tries, one can never please all of the people all of the time. What I appreciate, though, is that (1) you listen and consider; and (2) that you explain your reasons why yes or no. That's more than just about any other watch brand does, and (sad that this need be said), gives lie to the general prejudice that Chinese watch manufacturers are just a bunch of nameless, faceless clone factories out to make a quick buck without any real love of watches or pride of craftsmanship. While that might be true in some cases, it is apparent that that is not the case here. Thanks again, and here's to a fun journey, and to more great watches, ahead.

·
Vendor
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you very much for your full, transparent communication, and most of all, THANK YOU FOR LISTENING & CONSIDERING. I understand that the process on your end is more difficult than almost any customer knows. I also understand that no matter how hard one tries, one can never please all of the people all of the time. What I appreciate, though, is that (1) you listen and consider; and (2) that you explain your reasons why yes or no. That's more than just about any other watch brand does, and (sad that this need be said), gives lie to the general prejudice that Chinese watch manufacturers are just a bunch of nameless, faceless clone factories out to make a quick buck without any real love of watches or pride of craftsmanship. While that might be true in some cases, it is apparent that that is not the case here. Thanks again, and here's to a fun journey, and to more great watches, ahead.
Thank you very much for your compliment, I feel honored.
I have always said that I am a watch lover, and it is true. I feel proud whenever there is a good design or a product that I am satisfied with. I am willing to communicate and study with more cousins, we all have common hobbies. Through communication, we can learn and progress together.

·
Vendor
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Today I recorded a video to share with you the process of replacing the SN0004 intaglio head tablet. Although I think that the convex head grain can also be used with a small 6-inch wrist, many watch friends suggest that we make an intaglio head grain. But we have now finished the toppan and assembled the finished product. We have made a part of intaglio headcaps to satisfy friends who like intaglio headcaps. You can buy the watch and buy it separately at the same time for replacement. Friends who have already bought SN0004 can also buy it back separately for replacement.9.86US $ 28% OFF|San Martin Diver Watch 38mm 6200 Retro Water Ghost Sapphire Pencil Pointer NH35 Men Automatic Mechanical Watches 20Bar Relojes| | - AliExpress
9.9US $ 25% OFF|San Martin 6200 Watch Parts Female Endlinks Bracelet Accessories For SN004 G| | - AliExpress

·
Registered
463 Posts
3. The material of the chronograph ring and the watch mirror. Some friends suggested the watch mirror made of ceramic ring and acrylic material, saying that this is more retro. To be honest, I prefer to use these, because this time the material cost is lower and the processing is better. However, scratches are prone to appear in the later stage. Retro does not mean scratches. The overall effect is retro. I think the materials and craftsmanship are more high-end according to the modern ones.
Maybe you could sell both versions? One with ceramic and sapphire, and the other one with acrylic and aluminum. The only reason I'm selling my retro diver is because I can't stand the reflections and how it looks, the same watch with acrylic and aluminum would be an instant purchase for me.

By the way, thank you for posting the reasoning behind your decisions here, it is always nice to see brands communicating with their customers(y):).

·
Registered
256 Posts
Are you going to be using the new female endlinks on this version?

Also, when will this version be available on your website (sanmartinwatches.com)? I much prefer the shipping speed from your site than aliexpress

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just saw your video on the 6200 female endlinks and ordered some. Thank you very much Glenn!
I have great appreciation for San Martin's ability to quickly and wisely respond to the customer's demands.

Viceroy

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
Looks very good. Overall a nice look. I would want silver gilt instead of gold and an SW 200-1 movement

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think this watch has a very good design and size. I hope that an additional dial with 3/6/9 will be released.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I just ordered the female endlinks, I just wish I had now waited so I could get the model with pencil hands! I am not a fan of Mercedes hands but bought the watch anyway a few weeks ago...

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
I love everything about this watch… except the colors. Navy/white/silver or black/white/silver would be amazing.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Hi everyone, this is Liao Jiaming. Today I would like to introduce to you the new collocation of our SN0004. Many watch friends said that they are used to Mercedes-Benz needles and want other styles of watch needle collocation. We restored the design of 6204 and changed the hands of the watch to the effect of a pencil needle.

I think we still like to listen to the opinions of watch friends to make changes, but some of the ones that have been made cannot be changed. If you must change, you can only scrap the previous accessories. This is a very high loss. We will not require common accessories to save costs. Almost all of our accessories are made by independent molds.

The production of a watch is divided into more than 20 processing factories to process different accessories. In the end, we assembled the watch ourselves. The production cycle of a watch is estimated to be 3-4 months. Our accessories will basically be produced correspondingly. The more accessories we make, the more troublesome our warehouse management will be. We will ensure that there is no problem with the function and structure of the watch.

Everyone has different visions about the appearance. Before we received comments from everyone, I almost always finished the design by myself. I will try my best to make more people like it, but there will always be a small group of friends with different visions that will dislike it. After communicating with you, I will revise the places that can be revised, but not all opinions will be revised, because of the design process or quantity issues. I hope everyone can understand.

Let’s talk about some recent comments made by customers:
1. SN0004 has changed the master headband. For the wearing effect, I personally think that the convex head or the master headband can be suitable for watch friends with a small wrist circumference. A female colleague of mine has a wrist circumference of 14.5cm (approximately equal to 6. Inch), wearing the convex head grain is very suitable for the wrist (because the longitudinal length of this model is only 46mm, and the lugs are curved downwards), men's wrists are almost larger than this size, so there is no problem from the wearing angle. Of course, because of the style problem, everyone likes the master header more. We can improve it later. Now we plan to make a part of the master head tablets sold separately, and those that are needed can be purchased separately.
2. The problem of through ear holes, the through ear holes should be based on the actual situation of the watch, especially the structure of the curved head grain of the steel belt. The ear holes should be higher than the towing position of the watch case. However, some ear holes after drilling through holes are too high or too low on the case body, which affects the appearance, so these similar ones are not suitable for through ear holes.

SN0004 pencil needles are only sold in our AliExpress store, and no other stores have started selling. If you like him, please go to this shop to buy
237.6US $ 28% OFF|San Martin Diver Watch 38mm 6200 Retro Water Ghost Sapphire Pencil Pointer NH35 Men Automatic Mechanical Watches 20Bar Relojes| | - AliExpress
View attachment 16121868 View attachment 16121869 View attachment 16121870 View attachment 16121871 View attachment 16121872 View attachment 16121873 View attachment 16121874 View attachment 16121875
I do like the leather dial!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts