WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The SN008 I ordered from the San Martin Store on AliExpress arrived yesterday. This is the upgraded model with the Sellita SW200-1 movement.

So beautifully made. Superb build quality. Awesome bracelet quality.

After nineteen plus hours on my wrist, the watch has gained only 1/2 second since set precisely. Amazing accuracy for an auto. Seems certain that San Martin must carefully regulate these watches before shipping.

Gratuitous pics...
Watch Hand Analog watch White Gesture

Lume
Watch Brown Analog watch Clock Watch accessory

·
Registered
Seiko
611 Posts
The SN008 I ordered from the San Martin Store on AliExpress arrived yesterday. This is the upgraded model with the Sellita SW200-1 movement.

So beautifully made. Superb build quality. Awesome bracelet quality.

After nineteen plus hours on my wrist, the watch has gained only 1/2 second since set precisely. Amazing accuracy for an auto. Seems certain that San Martin must carefully regulate these watches before shipping.

Gratuitous pics...
View attachment 16804896

Lume
View attachment 16804898
I’d like to see some more shots, preferably outdoors in good light.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
We don't compare the brand to others because the transition in money doesn't add up.

Don't get a PT5000 movement. But everything else. Buy one.

These things are an average of $250. They easily surpass some watches in the $500-$1000 category.

I didn't believe it until I bought one. No way this is real. Chinese? Serious update to the robots and quality.

Bravo.

·
Registered
924 Posts
San Martin have been doing homage watches for many years now.
Some are even better than the the original watches they pay homage to, the best build quality, and in most cases, better accuracy, and of course unbelievable value for money.
Shill much? Lol...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
For those who are rude & un informed, San Martin have been doing homage watches for many years now.
Some are even better than the the original watches they pay homage to, the best build quality, and in most cases, better accuracy, and of course unbelievable value for money.

Congratulations, a lovely watch.
Thanks, Patrick. You are so right. The build quality is absolutely magnificent. And, some of the nicest, best quality watches you can buy are produced in China, using Japanese and Swiss movements.

The watch has been on my wrist now for over 24 hours and is still no more than 1/2 second off from when I set it, more than 24 hours ago. Amazing time keeping with the Sellita SW200-1 movement.

The Tudor Black Bay is a fine watch, but even though I can afford one, I have no interest in spending > $1000 on a watch. This one was about $450, which is far from being a cheap or a budget watch, but to me it brings far greater value and utility than the Tudor, which is priced at a level that I just wouldn't want to be knocking around on my wrist. And this watch leaves me with much more money to spend on buying other watches! :)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
I have another Black Bay homage (legal) watch, the NTH Barracuda, an American brand. This one runs a Japanese-made Miyota 90S5 movement... AND is also exquisitely made in China, although priced around $725. I would say that there is a high likelihood that many of the components used by NTH, San Martin, and MANY other respected brands - to include bracelets, crystals, crowns, cases, bezels... originated from the same Chinese factories.

Chinese manufacturing, with the latest equipment and machinery, are capable of matching or exceeding the quality of products from anywhere else in the world. (Check your Apple Watch, iPad, or Macintosh computer!)

In fact, many of the CNC machines being used to produce watch components in Switzerland, and elsewhere in Europe, were themselves made in… China!

These watches are not "cheap Chinese junk". They are fine quality timepieces.

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
As for San Martin... I have seen so much respect for the quality of their watches that the first San Martin I decided to test the waters with was this one, San Martin SN017-G, running a Japanese-made Seiko NH35 movement. I have been so pleased with the quality of this watch, that I decided to buy the SN008-G V3, above.
Watch Analog watch Photograph White Green

·
Premium Member
9,318 Posts
For those who are rude & un informed, San Martin have been doing homage copy watches for many years now.
Your reasoning is seriously flawed. Does this somehow indemnify them against being called out for making copies?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I wouldn't buy a fake nor replica (illegal) watch, but I have no problem at all with homage watches (legally produced and sold) which are produced at high levels of quality, with fine quality movements. One can certainly call them copies, if they wish to! I really don't mind. ;) These are legally produced watches and not branded as replicas.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts